Grow Mediums Coco coir help. New grower!

Reaction score
I am wanting to begin my grow soon ! I have gotten everything in order and have my seeds germinating right now. I have Mother Earth coco +perlite (70/30 ratio) for my medium. And herbal hydroponics and cal mag for nutes. This is my first grow and I am not sure if I need to wash my coco coir? Or is it all ready to roll and be placed in the pot, right out of the bag?

Check the pH and ppm. If the pH is on target, and ppm low your good to go. If your using their precharged line, then chances are it's ready to go... but I still might check.

Unless your using really cheap bricks most coco is ready to go

I am wanting to begin my grow soon ! I have gotten everything in order and have my seeds germinating right now. I have Mother Earth coco +perlite (70/30 ratio) for my medium. And herbal hydroponics and cal mag for nutes. This is my first grow and I am not sure if I need to wash my coco coir? Or is it all ready to roll and be placed in the pot, right out of the bag?
I saw a couple of Amazon answers and the bagged coco is supposedly ph neutral and washed. I have used two different bagged straight coco in the past and both were ph neutral washed, but I mostly use pre washed Coco Loco which has some amendments.

Check the pH and ppm. If the pH is on target, and ppm low your good to go. If your using their precharged line, then chances are it's ready to go... but I still might check.
I unfortunately have no way of testing my ppm .. unless I’m unaware of a home remedy solution of some type. I only have a ph meter on hand

I unfortunately have no way of testing my ppm .. unless I’m unaware of a home remedy solution of some type. I only have a ph meter on hand

I can't find any info on the nutrient line, but in hydro, pH and your ppm/Ec is how you run a grow. They may have teaspoon measurements, but things are critical enough you'll probably need a ppm /EC meter for tuning. Your EC or ppm will be first questions if you end up needing the infirmary.

Back