Indoor Candy Kush Auto. Afghan Kush Auto Solarflare LED Grow

Reaction score
Whats up peeps.

After some starts and failures this year finally got a grow going on. Earlier in the year I tried to germinate some Auto Seeds I had but they had been in my storage unit for a year and failed to germinate.

I turned around and ordered some Autoseeds Candy Kush and successfully germinated two. Then I ran into a disaster! I literally turned around to grab something and my dam cat had ripped both out. This was about two weeks ago. I quickly replanted them but one withered and died sadly...:( The other one ceased growing for a couple days and has been growing again just fine! A survivor.

In my order they included a World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder. I germinated that over the weekend and she's coming along just fine. I've grown this strain out many times before with great success so glad to add that to the grow.

Heres the details on my grow and some pics!

Tent: 2x2x4 Viagrow Tent.

Light: California Lightworks Solarflare 200w 5w Full Spectrum LED. I own the its big brother then 800w CLW Solarstorm but not using it this go around. I want to see how this light does from start to finish.

Strains: 1 Autoseeds Candy Kush. 1 World of Seeds Afghan Kush

Soil/Nutes: Fox Farm's Ocean Soil. Advanced Nutrients line up. I've always used there soil and its never failed. Im sure there are plenty of other brands or make it yourself but it works for me. I'm a big fan of Advanced Nutrients. For the nutes I will not add any till the end of the 3rd week or so. Just some PH balanced water till then. I pump mine when its nute time with Sensi Grow/Bloom, Bonticare Cal Mag, Dutch Master Silca, AN Big Bud, Carboload, and Bud Candy. Seems like a lot but its easy and the results are astounding.

I know alot grow organically and such but Cal Mag, Silica are highly recommended. Most any nutrient solution lacks Cal Mag and Silica makes the plant strong and robust. Nearly no nutrient you buy has Silica in it. When nutrient issues tend to arise theres a tendency for growers to add more of what they have, when I have found Cal Mag solves alot of issues.

Using 1 liter Airpots. You would think a small airpot means a small plant but Ive grown huge plants for a pot that size. I had a batch of Afghan Kush's that grew to 32 inches by 28 inches wide in a 1 liter pot.

Last picture I used with my new Macro Attachment for iPhones but turned out crappy since I was in a hurry. I am excited about taking pics of the buds when the time comes with it. I might get a USB powered Microscope so I can see the Trichomes.

ajksbn.jpg

2gujdc2.jpg

2wdwmdt.jpg

2mh8oj7.jpg

r1areo.jpg

14j4477.jpg

Last edited:
nice setup dude i liek that you are using led the afghan kush ryder i always wanted to watch a new log :)

nice setup dude i liek that you are using led the afghan kush ryder i always wanted to watch a new log :)

Thanks! Afghan Kush Ryder is always a great grow. Theres a reason for like 3 years its been on Attitude Seed Banks Top 10 best sellers. Very large yields for its size, and fast growing.

- - - Updated - - -

If you guys are wondering I am keeping my Solarflare about 10 inches or so from the the top of the plants. They seem to like it just fine no stretching for the light or anything.

I have the older 200w Solarflare; they recently updated there entire LED line up and its a 220w model now. This particular model pulls about 160 watts so that one should pull about 180. Thats pretty sweet wattage for that size. Many models like the trusty Blackstar is a 120-130 watts. CLW uses 5 watt LEDs that they push to 4 watts vice 3 watt LEDs that run at 1-1.5 watts.

As a result of that there lights do put out some heat. When I set this tent up..with no ventaltion installed yet I was getting 90-95 degrees. With my ventilation with a 4 inch inline fan set at about low I am getting about 78 degrees. I keep my place about 68.

Back