Can I Flower 2 Plants with My Current Grow Light Setup?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on my current grow setup and whether it will be sufficient for flowering. Here's the situation:

• Grow Tent Dimensions: 80x80x160 cm
  • Current Light: Advertised as 1000W but with an actual power draw of 100W
  • Number of Plants: 2 (Gorilla Babble Auto)
I'm planning to use this 100W light for the vegetative stage. However, I'm concerned it might not provide enough intensity for the flowering stage, especially for two plants.

My Question: Can I use my current 100W light for the vegetative stage and then add another grow light specifically for the flowering stage to ensure adequate light coverage and intensity? If so, what specifications should I look for in the additional light to optimize flowering?

Any recommendations on brands, power ratings, or tips on positioning the lights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Why just use the current light during veg. phase and another for bloom? I suggest get another ≥100 watt light and use both in the tent together. I've used a 270 watt drawing quantum board in the same size tent. In your tent, 270 watts would be about 39 watts/sq. ft., which should be well within the recommended range, but you should be able to go with even higher light density. [Others more knowledgeable can advise you about optimal power and light (PPFD) specs, intensities, schedules, raising/lowering, etc.]

Hardly any grow lights are now targeted to just bloom or veg. phase. Nearly all are 'full spectrum' white with a plant growth-optimized light spectrum. Definitely get a quantum board, COB or other grow light with high efficiency (cheaper to run, less heat), with no fan needed.

Last edited:
Please, let us know what light it is that you have exaclty...
but it seems it's an LED, and I believe a single 100 watt fullspectrum led board could get a single small to medium-sized auto from seed to harvest, or two smalls autos as well... but results wont be optimal (in terms of quantity), but not bad either.

So, as long as you keep those two autos small, IMO they should get to harvest point without issues and give you some nice herbs for you to smoke while you learn to get better results. You will have to play with the hanging distance of the lamp to make sure the plants are getting enough light intensity... but the real problem that will affect quantity will be penetration if they get too tall or bushy, and light spread if it is a single small board and not bars or a big board.

If you want optimal results and/or the plants get too big, then you will need more light, specially if you want to get the most out of that space you have and light to be appropiately spread. As Bill said, you could simply get another light of the same brand and model (asummimg it is fullspectrum) and just put it in the tent next to the other you already have. That should help with light spread and intensity for any stage of the plant's life. But for real optimal results in that space, you will probably need even more light than that of two of those lamps. But two of those lights should get you decent results anyhow.

I would advise not to focus so much on "optimal" results. Be patient and learn to adapt and use what you already have, and as time passes you will get better understanding of things and will figure out what to do/add/change.

Also, try to get a journal started in the Journal section (https://www.autoflower.org/forums/autoflower-grow-journals.44/)... it will get more attention there than in this section and other memebers can give you more advice about your light and your grow setup in general. Photographs will be very much appreciated too.

Hope this helps

Your 1000 watt rated/hyped light drawing 100 watts could well be an older 'blurple' color (vs. newer white spectrum). This should be plainly visible. If blurple, I suggest don't buy another of the same now legacy technology lights.

And as has been noted, you'll get more substantive responses if you disclose more information, pictures (light, tent), etc.

Last edited:
Please, let us know what light it is that you have exaclty...
but it seems it's an LED, and I believe a single 100 watt fullspectrum led board could get a single small to medium-sized auto from seed to harvest, or two smalls autos as well... but results wont be optimal (in terms of quantity), but not bad either.

So, as long as you keep those two autos small, IMO they should get to harvest point without issues and give you some nice herbs for you to smoke while you learn to get better results. You will have to play with the hanging distance of the lamp to make sure the plants are getting enough light intensity... but the real problem that will affect quantity will be penetration if they get too tall or bushy, and light spread if it is a single small board and not bars or a big board.

If you want optimal results and/or the plants get too big, then you will need more light, specially if you want to get the most out of that space you have and light to be appropiately spread. As Bill said, you could simply get another light of the same brand and model (asummimg it is fullspectrum) and just put it in the tent next to the other you already have. That should help with light spread and intensity for any stage of the plant's life. But for real optimal results in that space, you will probably need even more light than that of two of those lamps. But two of those lights should get you decent results anyhow.

I would advise not to focus so much on "optimal" results. Be patient and learn to adapt and use what you already have, and as time passes you will get better understanding of things and will figure out what to do/add/change.

Also, try to get a journal started in the Journal section (https://www.autoflower.org/forums/autoflower-grow-journals.44/)... it will get more attention there than in this section and other memebers can give you more advice about your light and your grow setup in general. Photographs will be very much appreciated too.

Hope this helps

Hi mate, my light is:​

PHLIZON PL-1000 100W Full-spectrum Dimmable QB LED Grow Light​

1721446657068.png

1721446973158.jpeg

1721447022149.jpeg

Looks like a current Chinese 100 watt quantum board, which should serve you well. But you need more light.

Another one of these or equivalent should work well, with 1 light/plant. With 2, you can raise/low or dim each as needed by each plant.

Back