CalMag Defenciency?

Reaction score
Hi. I am on my third grow in my 2nd soil mix which consists of 30-30-30 SPM-Humus-Pumice Stone. The Humus portion is EWC-Compost-Leaf Mould in equal portions.
To 1.5cuft of base I added:
1c fishbone meal
1c blood meal
1c alfalfa meal
1c kelp meal
1c dry AG molasses
1c ground egg shell
4tsp dolomite
2tsp azomite

I have since upgraded my soil mix but in haste planted in to the current mix. It was top dresses with 3 cups of the following 2-3 weeks before i transplanted a 1 week old seedling.
1part fish bone meal
1 pt alfalfa meal
2 pts kelp meal
1 pt dry AG molasses
1pt oyster shell flour
1 pt sea bird guano
1pt crab meal
1pt gympsum
3pts rock dust
1pt feather meal
1pt neem seed meal
1pt DE

Under a MarsHydro TS1000 @ 52" full power. Watering with blumat's with well water / Silica / FulPower added. (3gal/1tsp/4tbsp)
temp 75F-79F RH 50% with decent air flow.
Now at 6 weeks old (10/1 start) this FB Green Crack Auto is showing some strange discolorations in the leaves. This started 2-3 weeks ago. I LST'ed a week ago.
I saw this in a different pot of the same mix with a DP Auto Mazar where it showed up in week 4 or 5. At the time I thought it was strain related.
I'm thinking it could be a calmag issue and gave a shot of a calmag/kelp premix I had.
What do you think?

Attachments

• DSCN0495.JPG
    DSCN0495.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 138
  • DSCN0496.JPG
    DSCN0496.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 141
  • DSCN0497.JPG
    DSCN0497.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 137
  • DSCN0498.JPG
    DSCN0498.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0500.JPG
    DSCN0500.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 132
  • DSCN0501.JPG
    DSCN0501.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 119
I do not see a potential for a calcium problem in either of your blends; unless you did not "cook" it well?

If that is a nutrient problem then I would lean toward magnesium but it looks like maybe genetic.

:goodluck:

if the soil wasnt cooked effectively I would hit her with a mellow cal mag.if its not broken down fully or effectively enough it will not be available to the plant as much as it will need.Watch closely to Nitrogen fade too.They look like they'll do well. big strains will eat that food up well once stretch is coming to a close and spin up begins. Personally Id consider teas to supplement to help the soil maintain feeding as best as it can if the fade starts with a nice appropriate top dress with added ready to eat N,P,K all day. lol can treat soils for top dress n such with Mammoth too for pre feeding prep. works nicely. happy harvesting :pass:

I feel like all growers should keep a copy of this paper on their computer. It's really helpful in diagnosing deficiencies. Keep in mind that Calcium and Magnesium are two very different nutrients. The bottled nutrient companies combine them in a single product but rarely do you need both and in the ratios you'll find on the bottle (at least in my experience). Also, it will raise your pH, which could be good or bad but something to be aware of.

Attachments

• Characterization_of_Nutrient_Disorders_of_Cannabis.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 122
Back