Outdoor Bushdktr's "other" flowers

Reaction score
Hi guys!, beautiful spring morning here in the southern hemisphere...so I just had a early wake & vape photo session LOL!! of my blooming orchard:

1.BEETROOT:
thumb_IMG_0178_1024.jpg

2.THYME:
thumb_IMG_0173_1024.jpg

3.SPINACH:
thumb_IMG_0175_1024.jpg

4.CHARD:
thumb_IMG_0176_1024.jpg

5.CORIANDER:
thumb_IMG_0165_1024.jpg

6.SAGE:
thumb_IMG_0166_1024.jpg

7.ONION:
thumb_IMG_0169_1024.jpg

8.RUE:
thumb_IMG_0171_1024.jpg

9.PARSLEY:
thumb_IMG_0174_1024.jpg

Thought maybe others wanted to share their home orchard beauties, so welcome!

Nice garden. I appreciate all types of gardens and flowers. On vacations I have to schedule visits to local botanical gardens, drives my wife and kids nuts.

As a allotment grower - all good stuff. Tho I don't understand why you let things like onion and beetroot go to flower (just makes the onions soft and not suitable for storage or eating likewise the beets). Being blessed with several good Asian supermarkets I have given up growing coriander - it always bolts to seed and I want the leaves lol. I'd post pics of our herb garden and allotment but it's winter here and well there's not much to show but bare beds and leafless bushes - just had our first winter frosts.

Herb garden at home - rosemary, sage, thyme, lovage, marjoram, three different mints, sorrel (tasty in salads), fennel (leafy not bulb) and ofc cough canna weed (in the summer). At the allotment we grow lots of stuff - beetroot's n salad turnips n radishes, carrots and parsnips, raspberry's, blackcurrants, strawberries and gooseberries, onions and garlic + a whole load of leaks and saladings, chard and curly kale are fav's too - alas can't grow canna out there cause everyone is curious about what everyone else is growing and how it's comparing to their crops - they would be discovered pretty quick. It's a pretty big plot but not big enough to free you from the supermarket - and to be honest growing some crops is almost futile when supermarkets can supply you produce all year round almost cheaper than the seeds you'd be planting - a stupid situation but true.

We also grow in raised beds but is interesting to see you have subdivided yours into narrow strips (or is that just a lattice over the top to help you work out what's planted where?)

Edit: ahh it looks like a watering system - we get so much rain that normally isn't an issue here ....

Yeah Spliff...thanks for the comments. That's the watering system, I love to let all my plants flower in spring, so I have lots of seeds (I barely buy any seed now). For coriander you can enjoy the leaves by the end of winter, and let it flower afterwards, you can still rip off the leaves during the first weeks of flowering, and later you collect tons of seeds that you can use to grow OR you can eat the seeds, put them in a grinder and the taste is sweeter than the leaves, with a citric background. You can't compare taste of the vegetables with supermarket stuff...you see this especially with tomatoes! Indeed it is a lot of work, but that's the whole point haha!

Back