Grow Room Building a grow space

SHRED

"Onward through the fog!" - Oat Willie
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting rid of the tent and building a grow space in my garage.

I may use thick foam insulation panels for the walls.

My problem is that I am not sure how to construct the access doors.

Any ideas?

My space will be about 3' × 6' x 8' tall.

I am thinking about getting rid of the tent and building a grow space in my garage.

Any ideas?

I use the 1" thick white styrofoam for my germination/seedling box, and like the stuff. It is white enough, so you don't need to paint or cover it, it would be plenty strong in the 2" thickness for your setup, and may be cheaper than alternate construction materials that both insulate, supply structure, and provide a reflective surface inside.

As to openings, I would just use velcro to hold insulation panels in place over strategic openings. You don't need to get too fancy, unless light deprivation is in the plan. In which case, you might be better off sealing the garage leaks than making the space light proof. let us know how it works out, personally, I think you are on to something. Good luck with it. :pighug:

I use the 1" thick white styrofoam for my germination/seedling box, and like the stuff. It is white enough, so you don't need to paint or cover it, it would be plenty strong in the 2" thickness for your setup, and may be cheaper than alternate construction materials that both insulate, supply structure, and provide a reflective surface inside.

As to openings, I would just use velcro to hold insulation panels in place over strategic openings. You don't need to get too fancy, unless light deprivation is in the plan. In which case, you might be better off sealing the garage leaks than making the space light proof. let us know how it works out, personally, I think you are on to something. Good luck with it. :pighug:
Good tips.
Thanks

Any ideas?

Can you control the environment in your garage? What's your usual temps and humidity? If the environment is bad in there then you'll fight yourself in the grow space the entire time regardless of if you insulate it, intake air will erase all your good deeds.

Can you control the environment in your garage? What's your usual temps and humidity? If the environment is bad in there then you'll fight yourself in the grow space the entire time regardless of if you insulate it, intake air will erase all your good deeds.
I have a tent in there now. The temps and humidity are much easier managed during the winter where I live on the SoCal coast.

I have a tent in there now. The temps and humidity are much easier managed during the winter where I live on the SoCal coast.

I wouldn't insulate the grow itself but do more for the garage if possible. If you could get the climate in the garage under control all year then your intake air would always be at the right levels negating the need for anything besides light/fans inside of it

I built my own grow space and the risk of fire is certainly something to consider if using insulation, some of that stuff catches like you wouldn't believe.

Back