Old Reviews Botanicare KIND and Silica Blast Review

Micron Creek

Breeder/Craftsman
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Bees Knees
Botanicare provides affordable lines that offer a variety of solutions to any level of cultivation expertise. They offer full lines and supplements. I've had years of experience with their nutrients and know I can provide an adequate assessment. The nutrient system I will review is the KIND 3 part, as well as the supplement Silica Blast.
To begin,
SilicaBlastgal_large.jpg

Silics Blast has been an essential part of my regimen because my environment is harsh. Boiling Summers, drought, frigid winters, with Polar Vortex visits from time to time. Temperatures can range from -20 F to 120 F, that's at least a 140 degree swing. Gets more extreme each year. Keeping medicine in adequate supply in such adverse conditions is possible with Si Blast.
It strengthens plant cells making everything tougher, and stouter. As a result stalk sizes may increase by several hundred percent. Petioles and stalks become rigid, being able to withstand higher wind speeds. This will protect against heat, drought, and frost. Individuals can survive those harsh days where a watering was missed or temperatures suddenly fluctuate drastically. Any individual, autoflower or photoperiod will benefit from the use of Silica Blast.

Last edited:
botanicare kind 3 part.jpg

The Botanicare KIND, three-part nutrient system. I have used this in conjunction with Silica Blast for a few years.

I really like that it is mineral-based. The ingredients used do not impart flavors, unlike some nutrient lines and carbohydrate supplements which leave distinct flavors in flowers that do not coincide with known terpene profiles.KIND allows subtle terpenes to be completely expressed, thereby creating new bouquets in familiar strains. Every terpene profile generated using KIND will be exactly as a breeder describes it.
To be able to relinquish CalMg was one of the more pleasant aspects. Many times finding the right balance was more difficult with my previous line Pure Blend Pro.
BotPureBlendsoil.jpg

As one can see, the amounts indicated are much higher than those for KIND.
Not overfertilizing is an advantage of the KIND system. Pure Blend Pro contained its micronutrients in the CalMg supplement. Many times only a small amount of Magnesium is all that was required, but I would invariably find burnt leaf tips. Nutrient burn was a constant problem before, but the KIND system causes little damage. If one does begin to overfeed, any damage is gradual. It does not create sudden recoils many people see from common problems like feeding excessive Nitrogen. I NEVER see clawing leaves using the Botanicare KIND system. Plants do not require near as much feeding because the system is formulated to allow a root zone to take full advantage of nutrients present. A common issue is nutrient uptake and imbalance. A person may then overcompensate with more food. Ph fluctuation, oversaturation of medium, anaerobic environments, root destruction. More root damage from a heavy cycle of "flushing" and feeding to correct the issue. In effect, a never-ending issue caused by an initial imbalance of micronutrients which destroys an individual. You will never see such an issue using the KIND system. Three simple parts, and Silica Blast is all one needs. Currently feeding by the gallon at a rate of
10ml Base
16ml Bloom
6 ml Si Blast
4ml Ph Up.
Base: 4-0-0. /5% Ca/
Vegetative: 2-2-4 /1.5% Mg/2% S/.12% Fe
Bloom: 0-6-6 / 1.5% Mg/ 2.75% S/.12 % Fe
Si Blast: 0-0-.5
The high end of the fertilizer dosage chart does not exceed 1800 ppm.
My one completed autoflower journal using the KIND system.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/amnesia-stone-99.49367/
This concludes this review for the Botanicare KIND system and Silica Blast.
Thank you for reading.
50vUWy.gif

Attachments

• bt pure blend soil.jpg
    bt pure blend soil.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Back