Blue dream auto heavy fox tailing

Reaction score
Hey guys this blue dream auto was a freebie I stuck in a 1lt airpot with Coco and fed 8 times a day.
I didn’t LST as she was a side project so the top Cola is getting way more light then she should be which is likely causing this. But that can’t be adjusted as there are other more important plants in that tent.

She is 11 weeks old and I don’t think even close to ready, I can’t check trichs on her yet as I can’t get to her.

She appears to be foxtialing on almost every bud even those not close to the light I’ve never had this before but should I be worried or just let her finish as normal? The foxtails are spitting white pistle will this add time onto how long it runs?

Attachments

• 744DC717-8E5D-4BBC-9247-22009B59E825.jpeg
    744DC717-8E5D-4BBC-9247-22009B59E825.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
  • D0ADC6F1-6A5B-44ED-8136-36E9878C8E96.jpeg
    D0ADC6F1-6A5B-44ED-8136-36E9878C8E96.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 95
  • CB9808BE-87F0-4EC4-8C9A-587529D5AC8A.jpeg
    CB9808BE-87F0-4EC4-8C9A-587529D5AC8A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 86
@kmurraylowe :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:It looks like the plant started to ripen and then the environment changed to better support growth. A dose of nutrients with too much nitrogen, a warm up in the tent, light change etc. Something triggered it. So it goes into this secondary bud growth. This is only a bad thing if the plant goes over ripe IMPO. You really need to scope the trichs.

:goodluck:

I agree with your diagnosis of too much light on the affected area. The cupping of the leaves supports that, and light stress is known to cause foxtails.

I agree with your diagnosis of too much light on the affected area. The cupping of the leaves supports that, and light stress is known to cause foxtails.
Are they a big deal or will she just finish are normal?

The parts of the bud that grew foxtails may not catch up, but if you correct the light issues the rest of the plant should finish fine.

Foxtails are often normal, genetic, particularly with some sativa strains; and a bonus - more good trichomes/THC. But most consider them ugly.

Foxtails are often normal, genetic, particularly with some sativa strains; and a bonus - more good trichomes/THC. But most consider them ugly.

That is true, but the cupping of the leaves is caused by heat or more specifically light stress. To my knowledge that symptom is not genetic, and exclusively an environmental response.

Back