Lighting Blackstars VS 1000watt (Which should I use?)

Reaction score
Ok here's the deal as of right now I have about 8 plants in bloom at 46 days old and what I want to know is if I should use hps or led. I am growing some in hempys with coco/perlite mix and in smart pots same mixture. The are sitting in a 4.5'x4.5' ebb and flow white tray but I do hand water. I also have one DWC in there for testing reasons. Ok to the hardware 1000watt hps untra sun bulb in a air cooled hood which make it tuff to keep cool but I keep it around 80 to 85f in day and 70 to 75f night on a 18/6.
At the sametime I am running 2 light house blackstar 250uv and one 500 to supplement the spectrum and get that uv in there. I am pretty sure they dont have IR on the board older models. I also have set aside 2 mars hydro 300s older models.
If I combine all 5 of the leds and loose the 1000watt would that be better than my current setup or should I just leave it be.
Maybe the I have now is too much for my plants or just a waste? Thanks in advance!! 20150926_033256.jpg 20150919_150234.jpg

Sorry pics are older and 1000watt is now vented out of room and wire mess has been fixed lol.

I agree with Chester, save yourself some loot on the utility bills and sell the hps set-up, your temps will come down too but you already knew that. Grow well, be happy! :smokeit:

you think with all those I'll get the same results as the 1000watt alone? IF so Ill take that bitch down right this second so I can have a better more stabe temp. I can get rid of some fans too!

Back