Dutch Passion Auto Lemon Zkittle in XL Autopot

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is keeping as well as can be in these crazy times. Was meaning to do a journal for this from the off, but just been so busy. Work in food production so have been flat out the past 3 weeks.

This is my first grow using auto pots and my set up is:-

Tent

1.2x1.2x2.0m

Light

Grow Northern Telos-0008

Fan

Soler and Palau 4” in line fan, rhino carbon filter and oscillating 6” fan.

Strain

1 x Dutch Passion Auto Lemon Zkittles

Medium

Plagron light mix with 20% Perlite and clay pebbles

Nutrients

AN Sensi Bloom A&B, Carboload, Overdrive and shogun calmag.

Pots

Autopot 1 XL pot system with air dome

Pump

Autopot Air Pump Single Outlet

To be honest not sure what day this girl is on, somewhere between 30-40. Things are quite humid at moment temps have been between 26-30oC and RH 60-70% defo gonna invest in a dehumidifier soon.

I have been refilling the reservoir every 5 days or so with 6 litre feeds. Have been following tangs easy auto schedule (https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tangs-easy-auto-feeding-schedule.47290/) with added Plant Magic Pure Clean. Haven’t really been able to give this grow the attention it deserves, but think she’s doing well so far.

My reservoir has started to smell a little funky, it’s not like a mad repulsive smell, but defo not pleasant. Is this normal?

Thanks guys, much love during these shitty times.

ap2.jpg
ap3.jpg
ap1.jpg

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is keeping as well as can be in these crazy times. Was meaning to do a journal for this from the off, but just been so busy. Work in food production so have been flat out the past 3 weeks.

This is my first grow using auto pots and my set up is:-

Tent

1.2x1.2x2.0m

Light

Grow Northern Telos-0008

Fan

Soler and Palau 4” in line fan, rhino carbon filter and oscillating 6” fan.

Strain

1 x Dutch Passion Auto Lemon Zkittles

Medium

Plagron light mix with 20% Perlite and clay pebbles

Nutrients

AN Sensi Bloom A&B, Carboload, Overdrive and shogun calmag.

Pots

Autopot 1 XL pot system with air dome

Pump

Autopot Air Pump Single Outlet

To be honest not sure what day this girl is on, somewhere between 30-40. Things are quite humid at moment temps have been between 26-30oC and RH 60-70% defo gonna invest in a dehumidifier soon.

I have been refilling the reservoir every 5 days or so with 6 litre feeds. Have been following tangs easy auto schedule (https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tangs-easy-auto-feeding-schedule.47290/) with added Plant Magic Pure Clean. Haven’t really been able to give this grow the attention it deserves, but think she’s doing well so far.

My reservoir has started to smell a little funky, it’s not like a mad repulsive smell, but defo not pleasant. Is this normal?

Thanks guys, much love during these shitty times.

View attachment 1176539View attachment 1176538View attachment 1176540
better late than never one telos008 to one lemon zkittles sounds like a mix for success :pop:

Plant looks great.
I usually clean out my res just about when flowering starts as a precaution and although I use different nutes it may be a solution to the smell you are getting.

Last edited:

Have you started with Carboload and Overdrive? Very generally speaking, any extra additive other than A&B has the potential to promote anaerobic activity. That is the source of the funky smell, and yes, you should treat it as an emergency.

Problem here is your reservoir. It is actively aerated? If not, it is sitting there and aerobic vs anaerobic battle is favouring the bad guys. High heat, standing water (depletes oxygen) a baterial promoting additives is a recipe for disaster. Plant Magic Pure Clean and so many other cleaners are usually a waste against serious infection spread. It may work to slow things down, but there is no product that works great and has no negative on the plant itself.

I will highly recommend to get a small air pump and stone, just like DWC.

Hey, thanks for weighing in.

Yeah I started using carboload at 1ml per litre about a week ago. The reservoir is not aerated, but I have followed your advice and purchase a small air pump kit with flat air stones, should be with me by Tuesday.

I need to refill the reservoir tonight, and will obviously cut out carboload for the time being.

I am hoping I’ve caught this early enough to get it under manners!

Thanks again

Hope the airstone doesn't mess with your res. It is not advised by Autopot. I would ask them directly before using it.

Hope the airstone doesn't mess with your res. It is not advised by Autopot. I would ask them directly before using it.

Autopot does not recommend using airstones directly under the roots using the classic kit. There was even created a dome specific for airstones.
But because that much air dries the root tip out from direct exposure, and absolutely does harm, the stopped advising it. People were abusing it like power user DWC guys

But if you have a 6L reservoir in the new kits, then the air input doesnt hit the roots at all, only the nute reservoir. The more oxygen you manage to dissolve in the feed, the better. Independent of anaerobic problems.

Last edited:
I suppose
Autopot does not recommend using airstones directly under the roots using the classic kit. There was even a dome created for airstones.
Because that much air dries the root tip out from direct exposure, and absolutely does harm.

But if you have a 6L reservoir in the new kits, then the air input doesnt hit the roots at all, only the nute reservoir. The more oxygen you manage to dissolve in the feed, the better. Independent of anaerobic problems.
I suppose we will see how it works out for @Mangos.

Hey guys,

I looked back through some old pics of her and am gonna say she is on day 45.

Haven't received my air pump yet, but I have been leaving the lid off the reservoir and no longer have the unpleasant smell. I guess with this humid weather it was obvious for the lid to be off:d5: I am refilling the reservoir every 2days with 6L. Have dialled back sensi bloom A&B to 1ml per L as she had a few yellow tips but still using carboload at 1ml per L.

I am going to defoliate her tomorrow, she is really bushy. Have been getting a condensation on leafs as you can see from pics, thats never happened in previous grows, am guessing its got something to do with the high humidity and leafs touching?

She is starting to get a lovely sweet lemon smell, and filling out the tent nicely, glad I didn't go for two :smoking:

IMG_2666.jpg
Untitled 2.png
IMG_2703.jpg

Hey guys,

I looked back through some old pics of her and am gonna say she is on day 45.

Haven't received my air pump yet, but I have been leaving the lid off the reservoir and no longer have the unpleasant smell. I guess with this humid weather it was obvious for the lid to be off:d5: I am refilling the reservoir every 2days with 6L. Have dialled back sensi bloom A&B to 1ml per L as she had a few yellow tips but still using carboload at 1ml per L.

I am going to defoliate her tomorrow, she is really bushy. Have been getting a condensation on leafs as you can see from pics, thats never happened in previous grows, am guessing its got something to do with the high humidity and leafs touching?

She is starting to get a lovely sweet lemon smell, and filling out the tent nicely, glad I didn't go for two :smoking:

View attachment 1178355View attachment 1178362View attachment 1178363
Very nice looking plant. Glad the smell has cleared up. :d5:

Back