Are these Spider Mites?

The^Dude

I grow soil ecosystems that grow plants for me.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
dudegardens.com
Currently Smoking
Ribs
Does this look like the munching of mites? I found some slightly larger little green dudes on the underside of the leaves, maybe 3 or 4, and I see tiny brownish bugs from time to time on most of my plants, but I think they're too small
IMG_4206.JPG
. Only 3 are showing evidence on their leaves, I have found a little string on a few others but I'm hoping it's just float from the breeze, and possibly the neem oil dilute making the plants a bit sticky.

Could be spider mites or some other bug so check real close and spray with a organic bug spray if you see any.

Could be spider mites or some other bug so check real close and spray with a organic bug spray if you see any.

Thank you, I’ll do that. So far it’s been quiet after my initial searching and spraying.

any mites under the leaf? that's where they will be at first mainly,... I suspect thrips though actually, larger, highly mobile, often not at the scene of the crime when spotted! Aphis are a maybe as well, but we need pics of the bugs,... mites are too small unless magnified...
I like a spinosad containing product for this (Capt'n Jacks Dead Bug, Monterey Gardens brand conc.),..... food safe, breaks down fairly fast, low residue...

any mites under the leaf? that's where they will be at first mainly,... I suspect thrips though actually, larger, highly mobile, often not at the scene of the crime when spotted! Aphis are a maybe as well, but we need pics of the bugs,... mites are too small unless magnified...
I like a spinosad containing product for this (Capt'n Jacks Dead Bug, Monterey Gardens brand conc.),..... food safe, breaks down fairly fast, low residue...

I’ll check out spinosad, thanks. If I can dig out a better camera I’ll try to get some macro bug pics. I don’t see a ton of them, just once in awhile at this point, I figure if it was mites I’d be dealing with more numbers by now...
thanks for the input :)

I'm using something like organocide. They sell it at home Depot. You dilute it so it goes a long way. Spray it before lights off and respray every 3 days or so. I lie it. I tried some others and feel this is the better and least harmful. Also I'm hiding the diatomacious earth. But look for organocide.

EE18F793-2750-4596-A27A-BCCAC99CEBB7.png
Hmmm, I need more magnification...

Hoping that’s pollen

Last edited:
The picture posted above is a white grit that will wipe off. Are these mites? Are they eggs? The undersides of the leaves actually look clean, but this is settled all over the tops of all the leaves. I see no movement, but can magnify no closer than this...

Back