Outdoor Arabian Adventure

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
manala
Fellow Pot heads!

I am a first time grower and based in Middle East and contemplating to plant Autoflowering Diesel seeds in my balcony... before i embark on this adventure I have few questions to help me decide on...

In terms of location, i am staying in apartment, with east facing balcony facing the sea... it gets direct sun light for 5-6 hours and humidity is ~60% because of sea... its gonna be cooler months with temp going down from current 35C to 17C over next 90 days... with 4-5 days of rain in end of December (Month 2)

Are these conditions alright to have a decent yield, specially the high humidity and 5-6 hours of sun?

I read up a lot about the smell, i am not sure if it is a good idea to grow in my balcony... will it smell a lot for it to go to people in adjacent balcony... given building is on sea front, we get lot of sea (smelling) breeze, so i am hoping skunk smell will not stand out so much... what's your opinion fellas?

upload_2017-10-28_22-36-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-28_22-32-10.png
    upload_2017-10-28_22-32-10.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 49
Fellow Pot heads!

I am a first time grower and based in Middle East and contemplating to plant Autoflowering Diesel seeds in my balcony... before i embark on this adventure I have few questions to help me decide on...

In terms of location, i am staying in apartment, with east facing balcony facing the sea... it gets direct sun light for 5-6 hours and humidity is ~60% because of sea... its gonna be cooler months with temp going down from current 35C to 17C over next 90 days... with 4-5 days of rain in end of December (Month 2)

Are these conditions alright to have a decent yield, specially the high humidity and 5-6 hours of sun?

I read up a lot about the smell, i am not sure if it is a good idea to grow in my balcony... will it smell a lot for it to go to people in adjacent balcony... given building is on sea front, we get lot of sea (smelling) breeze, so i am hoping skunk smell will not stand out so much... what's your opinion fellas?

View attachment 821593

Hey there! Ive grown several autos in a location that gets less than 7 hours of direct light, and our midsummer humidity is very, very high being 70%average. With that 60% humidity it should be fine, as well as the limited light, but know that the limited light will generally force buds to be a bit airy.(not very dense)
Still though i think it would be worth the effort. If you select larger strains and grow them right, you should be able to pull 1 - 1 1/4 oz per auto.

As for smell alot is strain dependant...if you are worried about it choose a strain known to be low in odour like Dutch Passions Frisian Duck. It also has a stealth appeal that when its young the leaves look nothing like cannabis. Tons of strains these days don't even smell like skunk anymore, often many have a pugnent fruity odour.

Thanks mate. Looks like it’s a go then. I’ll search about the smell of Autoflowering Diesel kind. It got its name bcz it smells of diesel when lit.... getting other strain is not a possibility as it’s banned in here... will keep you posted on how it goes.

Back