Grow Room Anyone here use a Mars Hydro Tent ?

Reaction score
High you all,
I'm in the process of changing my entire grow set up & the way I grow. I've been growing in FFOF & Bio Biz light mix for the past 1.5 years under 2 - 600 watt Meizhi LED's. Just not hitting the yields I want so re-vamping everything.
I bought 2 sets of the 2 - pot 6.6 gallon XL Auto-Pots & the Air Domes. A 45L p.h. Air Pump for the Air Domes, a recirculating pump for the reservoir, Coco & Perlite for Grow Medium, 2 - Advanced Platinum P-900's, changed all my Nutes & Additives from G.H. to Advanced Nutrients, added a 4 gallon humidifier, Got 2 - 50# Co2 Tanks, Regulator, Titan Atlas 3 Controller & the Co2 Lines. Already have a 6" exhaust & Filter that I'll run for 6-8 hours during lights out only. I use a 4" Fan & Filter for Intake Air & have 3 - Clip on fans in the tent for circulation. I also have 6 - Kessil H350 COB Lights that are 90 watts ea. to use during Flower in addition to the P-900's. My Humidity ranges from 55% - 70% & my tent with both p-900's running & Exhaust OFF runs between 80 - 88 F. 80 for about the 1st hour & then increases to about a max temp around 88 F. Planning to run Co2 1 hour after lights on & turn off 1 hour before lights out.
OK, you got a good idea what I'm doing. Now here's the question : My current tent is a cheapo but in fairly nice shape. It's 4' x 8' x 7' & is the 600 D Cloth. The problem I have with it is I can see light in spots through the Zippers & a few tiny pin holes in other places. For this reason I'm thinking about buying a better tent as I don't want a lot of Co2 escaping.
Now I was comparing the Mars Hydro tents to the Gorilla Tents & it sounds like they are built the same other than the height extension thing. Both are 1680 D cloth & Diamond Mylar walls.
Pretty much everything sounds the same in the description; but the design is different as far as openings & windows. The Mars Hydro tent is on sale for $231 for a 4' x 8' & the Gorilla is 3 - 4 times that price.
So I'm hoping someone here uses a Mars Hydro tent & can tell me if they get any light leaks at all or if the zippers are well covered / sealed. Knowing this would be of great help before I buy one. Unused Vent holes, etc. will be covered in Mylar sheets to prevent leakage also. I'm sure I'll still have some but keeping it to a minimum is my goal.
So any info on the Mars Hydro tent or comparisons to the Gorilla Tent are very helpful.
Also, if you know of any other 1680 D cloth tents I'm interested. Surely want the best bang for the buck.
Thanks Everyone .... Party On !!!

I have a 39x39x72 Mars tent. It's pretty nice, small light leaks around zipper in a couple places. Not enough to bother me. Hope that helps!

That's the main thing I was wondering about. I'm not worried about the light escaping; but more of Co2 escaping. It seems every tent with the Rounded doorways have this issue & anymore it's hard to find a good tent with the square doors. The Square doors have flaps that cover the zippers & I usually Velcro the Flaps so they stay completely sealed. Only High Quality Tent I can find like that is the Gorilla Grow Tent. Sure didn't want to spend that much on a tent; but may have to.
I just bought a 5' x 10' x 7' tent that was suppose to have square doors, metal connectors & 1680 D Material by the item pics & description. When it got here it had Rounded Doors, Plastic Connectors & I'm not convinced this is 1680 D Material either. I sold my other tent the morning I seen this was being delivered so I had no choice but to keep it as I had a Flowering plant I put in my tub for the day. I complained & got $50 back, but still have a tent that's not good enough & still out $120 more. I'll use it for my next grow & hopefully find a tent of Gorilla Tent Quality at a lower price or I'll have to purchase one of those.

Back