Anyone able to tell me what this is on some of my sugar leaves?

Reaction score
E52B5248-CD03-4C69-8658-DCF7F65A398B.jpeg

anyone know what this is? it is almost like a film like substance on some of my sugar leaves. i’ve found it some some others as I took this photo a couple days ago. today i found it on a couple more leaves on one plant. I have been using BT spray pretty extensively rotating days. They are grown outdoors in socal in living soil. The bt is the only thing I have been spraying on them. I can list out my watering schedule and nutrients if that would help, but i am thinking it is either left over BT or some type of mold. Thanks so much in advance

View attachment 1695201
anyone know what this is? it is almost like a film like substance on some of my sugar leaves. i’ve found it some some others as I took this photo a couple days ago. today i found it on a couple more leaves on one plant. I have been using BT spray pretty extensively rotating days. They are grown outdoors in socal in living soil. The bt is the only thing I have been spraying on them. I can list out my watering schedule and nutrients if that would help, but i am thinking it is either left over BT or some type of mold. Thanks so much in advance
also worried cause this one looks a little more off white/beige, but it is getting closer to a light brown color

Just showing on some leaves, could it be bird, insect or other animal feces?

Bt is used to kill insect larvae in soil; does nothing to flying or crawling insects on the plants. It's best to apply it to the soil, such as simply add to feed water.

Just showing on some leaves, could it be bird, insect or other animal feces?

Bt is used to kill insect larvae in soil; does nothing to flying or crawling insects on the plants. It's best to apply it to the soil, such as simply add to feed water.
it very well could be! i've seen a few leaves with bird feces and those were white.

i thought BT (k strain) was good for killing caterpillars and was to be applied directly to the plant

Bt kills insects in the larvae stage. Caterpillars are larvae (vs. adult grasshoppers); much bigger than gnat larvae.

But caterpillars are not your problem--they'd be eating leaves.

Back