Outdoor Any estimates on when to harvest?

N

npd

000_0126.jpg000_0132.jpg000_0127.jpg
This is a Super stinky that is 123 days old. In the begining I started it in soil that was way to hot and it just sat there forever. ( at least a month) I stayed with it and transplanted into the 5 gal bucket with FFOF and worm castings.Eventually it started growing. That might explain why it has taken so long to get to this point. I am using seagrow 4-26-26 and feeding every other watering. PH is 6.4 going in and close to the same coming out. I use well water that has a high calcium content, but dont know the ppm. I have flushed it twice in the last 2 weeks with ph correct water. It is in direct sun and our days are in the 90's. I would appreciate any estimates on how much longer to let it go. Muddy? or anyone with experience with SS. Thank you in advance for any responses. :peace:

Additional info: before posting this I read Muddy's thread on harvesting autoflowers and Life cyle of an autoflower. I dont think this one is ready, but the fact that it is 123 days into its life kind of bothered me. I have harvested autos in the past by looking at the tricombs and I have always screwed up and harvested to early and didnt get the effects that I was looking for so I am hestitant to chop this one after investing so much time. I enjoy being stoned more than high as I am wound to tight anyway also Im looking for the medical qualities to treat pain. If any one has any opinions about why this one is taking so long, I would love to hear them

000_0125.jpg

It depends on what type of high you want the bud the have. If you want a heady high with less body stone take it down with clear/cloudy trichomes. If you want bud with a couchlock high, but still a little heady then take it when the trichomes are amber/cloudy.

When the plant stops growing new calyxs it in nearing the end of it's life.

Check out muddy thread on when to harvest, I think that its called the life cycle of an auto, I might let the fan leaveclose to the colas yellow a bit more if you don't have a scope to see the trichs, by the way very nice looking plant, and she looks better out of the cage!

looks pretty ripe to me, hard to really tell without getting upclose and personal on it.. but sometimes when they have nutes and its hot and sunny they can keep packing on bud like there was no end to it, long after they should be done... it will look like they are packing on fresh bud growth ontop of old ripe bud.. you could then see most of the calyxes being swollen and the pistils beeing brown but then some calyxes will keep on shooting new growth with white pistils and often forming calyx towers and irregular bud structures... assymetric buds ..

im not sure what causes this phenomenon, ive seen it happen especially with sativas and hybrids i suppose... guessing it could be heat, stress, nutes, sun or any combination of those..

Artic, Thank you so much. You may have hit the nail on the head. That is some very helpful information and the first time I have heard it. She definately looks like she is putting new bud on top of old and the buds are irregular. I have learned not to ask questions without first using the advanced search tool. I know that people get tired of answering the same questions over and over. Im also still learning how this forum works.Thanks again for your patience and willingness to help.

Insert, Thank you for the compliment and comments on the cage. It keeps the deer and grasshoppers out. We have grasshoppers as big as your thumb. Wish I had a good place to fish.

hi npd

well don't forget that Super Stinky is a pure SuperAuto sativa, who's normaly ready in 110 days from seeds...but wuithout transplanting....

transplanting cause to the plant, a long life stage and cut the grotw of it in certain cases...

For me the plant is ready to cut, even if she still producing white pistils, this is the fact of pure sativas..

Maybe the pain release is not the best with sativas, but for sure it is a weed, you' ll enjoy to smoke in day time .

Thank you stitch for taking the time and for the advice. I cant wait to try more of your wares.

Personally, I would give it about 2 more weeks. Still a lot of green in the fan leaves and all the pistols still look white. Don't be too concerned about how long it's taking. I've yet to harvest any auto in the time frame that is quoted. They all seem to take a bit longer.

This probably isn't the best strain for pain relief. It's a sativa and the indicas usually provide the better pain relief. Leaving it go longer should help mellow it out a bit.

its great to have stitch in the house :) thanks for clarifying stitch.. id chop that too at this point

Thanks to all of you for the words of wisdom. I ve said it before and Ill say it again, this forum is the best because the people here are the best . You guys rock.

Back