Lighting Any advice for COB-virgins?

VitaMan

Clean Glass + New Whip
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Island Sweet Skunk, Comatose, el Chapo, and others.
Well, I took the plunge and upgraded to a COB light. I am over powered for my 4 square feet, but I have an optional COB.

I am just soaking a seed right now as I type, and I am asking those experienced:

What advice would you give for a first grow under COB lights?

Keep an eye on what your leaves tell you with canopy to light distance. My leaves mainly curl up a little (canoeing) when I need to raise lights.

For the virginity part, I hear of a place called Porky's deep in the woods.

2010-09-24-neonpig.jpg

Less is more.
Keep an eye on what your leaves tell you with canopy to light distance. My leaves mainly curl up a little (canoeing) when I need to raise lights.

Yeah, I'm worried about being overpowered. The thing draws over 300 watts but I have a choice of running just 1 of the 5 cobs.

I have an over sized filter that is in the way no matter where I place it, so I am trying to think of ways to get this light higher. It is probably 3 1/2 above the soil.

What I really need is a place to put a 3x3 tent!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm worried about being overpowered. The thing draws over 300 watts but I have a choice of running just 1 of the 5 cobs.

I have an over sized filter that is in the way no matter where I place it, so I am trying to think of ways to get this light higher. It is probably 3 1/2 above the soil.

What I really need is a place to put a 3x3 tent!

Do you have the ability to move the filter outside the tent? That is what I ended up doing. Gave me a ton of room. @KonopCh is right less is more.

I've always wondered if you could "push" vented air through the carbon filter with the same scrubbing results.
I just started it on the last grow. It seems to work just as well just have to rate your fan to the ability of your filter is all.

Back