Another question on my first because AFN members + trial by fire = a sure to be successful second grow!

Reaction score
As my guinea pigs these girls are unfortunately the product of full dosage of nutes (coco) as seedlings, have seen distances of 14-60” from the light, and different dimmer settings as I learned about ppfd. I’ve never expected these to be “worthy”, just experiments in plant reactions as I researched but I’m amazed they’re still growing lmao. My question is are they considerably shorter and bushier than I would expect when grown correctly? It seems like the fan leaves can’t get out the way of the growth underneath them on the plant on the right especiall. Would that be from having them too close to light where they don’t stretch or maybe the nute overkill as seedlings? They’re 19th day from sprout and only about 5.5 inches tall. You guys are the best, as always thanks for your time.
3F4C2645-E832-40BD-A5A0-B99D7A5262BF.jpeg

They look fine and seem to be pretty much on track. :cooldance: Generally leaves as wide as the pot by 3 weeks, so you're right there and they should start to take off within the next 2. Good thing about Coco is you can flush excess out immediately. I cut the bottom leaves off when it gets to be a pain to water underneath or if they're laying on the coco

They look fine and seem to be pretty much on track. :cooldance: Generally leaves as wide as the pot by 3 weeks, so you're right there and they should start to take off within the next 2. Good thing about Coco is you can flush excess out immediately. I cut the bottom leaves off when it gets to be a pain to water underneath or if they're laying on the coco
Great to hear man thanks! I was wondering about cutting those bottom leaves thinking it might bring more energy to the rest but seemed awful soon for cutting anything so thats good news. Tell you what tho trial by fire is the way to go because you can read your ass off but seeing results of mistakes combined with realizing the hardiness of the plant gives the best knowledge. Trying to do all my fuck ups on these two through all stages before I impatiently start a second grow lol

Your doing great, I am also growing auto’s and learning as I go… it’s the best way to learn in my book. Got my oldest plant at 65days and it’s got bud so something is going ok. Learnt so much.
Good luck and keep it going :toke::cheers:
Cheers TangieD

Your doing great, I am also growing auto’s and learning as I go… it’s the best way to learn in my book. Got my oldest plant at 65days and it’s got bud so something is going ok. Learnt so much.
Good luck and keep it going :toke::cheers:
Cheers TangieD
Great to hear man! Thanks and cheers backatcha

Back