Grow Room Am i missing something from my first tent setup?

Reaction score
Hello. Im starting this hobby again since long time and am just in the last stages of setting up my first tent. Im wondering if im missing something either essential or hugely beneficial items, nutes or what ever. Also im starting to second guess my choise for pot size.

Heres a list of what i have at the moment:
  • 150x80x200 tent
  • 600w hps with cooltube, ballast, inline fan, carbon filter and ducting
  • 8x 11L fabric pots
  • 50L canna terra professional and 25L canna terra seed mix soils and those brown balls you put under and over the soil
  • Biobizz starter pack nutes; bio-grow, bio-bloom, top-max, bio-heaven, root-juice. 100ml (sample)bottle of velo kelp
  • Timer
  • 2 large trays for the pots
  • 3x auto blackberry kush Fem, 2x think different Fem, 2x old (low ryder x non af) seeds that should and hopefully will autoflower and 1x swiss dream cbd Fem
  • Pollen from a mix of low ryder(50%), northern lights(25%) and matanuska tundra(25%) that did autoflower
  • Sample jar of ona gel in case of an odour emergency later on
  • Ph meter along with calibration and storing fluids
  • Rotating fan
I still need to get temp/hygro meter at least and also im considering of getting a 125w vegging cfl. I will most likely start a rotational grow after this first one and cfl would be on other side of the tent and hps closer to other side. Im not sure if getting mh bulb would be worth it, since it wouldnt really suit the rotational grow plan. I will most likely buy one or two of those small clip on fans also

Im not too familiar with nutes and am wondering if some vitamin/mineral juices make any difference if i already feed them biobizz nutes? Or are there some other sauces i should add? Also started wondering about worm poop etc. but the seeds already sprouted and i need to plant them very soon. Would it be better to just stick with the biobizz and start investigating this fertilized soil thing more later? It seems quite complex and there isnt much time to do that, as i rather plant directly to final pot size.

Last edited:
Looks like your good to go buddy.
That soil should have enough nutes to keep them fed for the first 10-14 days. So water only.
I think theres a decent biobizz feed schedule on here somewhere too

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/biobizz-nutrient-users.42402/
Only other thing you might need is a calmag suppliment mate.
Autos can be very hungry for calcium or magnessium

Thanks for the heads up :) and yea im not planning of adding nutes too soon. Reason for seedling soil in the soil mix was to tame down the nutes on soil a bit, so that the plants wont overdose as seedlings. I had bad experiences with natrium overdoses with autoflowers just from some pretty strong market soil itself. So i thought id play it safe and give tiny bit of extra nutes if needed.

Reading about some more advanced soil mixes, it seems like it is possible to have good amount of nutrients in the soil, but them being used more as needed, instead of forced down the plants mounth causing overdoses as with chemical nutrients(which the strong market soil could have had in it). Right?

Do you plan to use up/down for ph?
An air purifier is helpful with odor as well. Just FYI

Maybe some ducting hooked up to your light on both sides on side your carbon filter and on the other with the fan blowing out of the tent this way it’ll cool your light while moving air out of it Cheers and Good luck [emoji256] subeditor up to follow along. If you get time go check out mine GGAF 18 Octopot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe some ducting hooked up to your light on both sides on side your carbon filter and on the other with the fan blowing out of the tent this way it’ll cool your light while moving air out of it Cheers and Good luck [emoji256] subeditor up to follow along. If you get time go check out mine GGAF 18 Octopot

Yeah what ray said... without the ducting pulling air through that housing your bulb will likely overheat. Another benefit to cooling the bulb is that you can get the light closer.

I had also wondered about an EC/PPM meter to make sure you're not over or under feeding but I haven't used those nutes so maybe not required?

Do you plan to use up/down for ph?
An air purifier is helpful with odor as well. Just FYI

Ill get some ph up&down if it my tap water requires it. I havent checked the ph yet. There is an activated carbon filter for odors :)

There are no two sides on carbon filter. It pulls air in through its sides and has an exit output. Do you mean its better to have them like filter - cooltube - inline fan, rather than filter - inline - cooltube?

Yeah what ray said... without the ducting pulling air through that housing your bulb will likely overheat. Another benefit to cooling the bulb is that you can get the light closer.

I had also wondered about an EC/PPM meter to make sure you're not over or under feeding but I haven't used those nutes so maybe not required?

Yes there will be ducting as listed on list of items :) its just not installed on the pic. I was thinking of getting ec/ppm meter, but thought its likely not worth it with these type of nutes

I'd suggest getting familiar with VPD and what it entails as well. There's very informative posts on this site concerning VPD. Just do a search. Once you get some stability, keeping your VPD in whatever grow stage you're in, will provide great results, IMO.

I'd suggest getting familiar with VPD and what it entails as well. There's very informative posts on this site concerning VPD. Just do a search. Once you get some stability, keeping your VPD in whatever grow stage you're in, will provide great results, IMO.

Oh nice, this was a new concept for me, thanks for the tip . Will definitely look more into this. Hopefully i will be able to control temp abd humidity enough without sacrificing tons of money and ground area from plants

Back