Indoor Airy Buds

Jackson

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Happy New Years All-

All of my plants have made beautiful smoke but the buds are always airy. Every single time.

Soil - roots organic
Nutes - GO Box
Lights - Solar Flare 220 and Platinum P300
Strains - Triangle Kush, Chemdog, Sour Crack, etc

Kick ass buds but airy.

Any suggestions for next years grows?

Jackson

Get better light?
I guess those strains are Mephisto, so genetics is okay.

Light I believe is more than enough@KonopCh

Happy New Years All-

All of my plants have made beautiful smoke but the buds are always airy. Every single time.

Soil - roots organic
Nutes - GO Box
Lights - Solar Flare 220 and Platinum P300
Strains - Triangle Kush, Chemdog, Sour Crack, etc

Kick ass buds but airy.

Any suggestions for next years grows?

Jackson

Can be lots of things.. what’s the RH like? Light distance can be a factor as well...

RH is around 50% thanks burr_nit

Temps? Have heard higher Temps will cause that.

@Arthur thanks for jumping in. Temps were at 84 degrees and rh around 50%.

Smoke always kicks ass just airy. Sometimes I have to leave the bud out an extra 45 minutes so I can crumble it up.

Jackson

That doesnt soind airy, it sounds wet! I love joints, but find 58% much better for rolling and a nice consistent burn.

Those Temps don't sound too high.

I'd go back to the first post... light. Years ago I was running 4 600 hps. Costs were fair and production decent. A few old timers told me I'd never go back after going to 1000w lights. They were right, the difference in bud structure in the exact same plants (clones) was amazing. Now trying to figure my way thru led lighting, but my knee jerk reaction is figure out how much light I need and double it.

Another possibility is early harvest... before final swell.

@Arthur excellent comments!!!! I had 4-5 gallon buckets with autos under 2 led’s maybe the bottom line is not only harvest too early but putting them out n jars before they are dry enough!

Will look at those factors when I start next grow around March.

Thanks.....Jackson

Add silica if you are going to cross the 80-degree mark will fix most of that. Also, make sure they are getting enough fresh air to the plants. The flowers get too hot and perspire and open. While it's true that "most" plants will grow to survive in even over 100-degree temps. Not what I would recommend but hey the one thing I can tell you is a piece of advice I got. That is, "if you can work around or " manage" the issue, all things are possible." I usually make sure to use profiles based on temps for that growing season.
Start with more fresh air and getting those temps below 80. IMHO..

Back