Grow Mediums Aeration for soil grows in fabric or rigid pots

Cannagus

Ictis Ficedulae Imperium
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Best Coast Genetics Lake Tahoe photo/ 100% germination, decent yield, great taste and stone
Hi all,
I thought I would share a practice I'll be trying out this summer in my containers, 2 that are pretty large 25-ish or maybe upwards of that a bit, and 2 that are roughly 3 gal. I was trying hard to come up with a cheap way to bring some air in for the roots without drilling 1000 holes in the sides (repurposed containers) I wanted an irregular shape that I could just mix into the soil when I fill them, to create voids for that purpose. I settled on practice golf balls that are wiffle balls so plenty of holes for the roots to find and they will hold their shape. They are also cheap, I gave $2.97 for 15 and put 11 in each of the bigger ones and 4 each in the smaller.

After reflecting upon it some more since building the pots, when I do it over next year I will drill holes in the containers sides in 4 places and then lay 2 lines of the balls inside across the pot from one hole to the other. No way to know if it's going to make a difference or even be able to tell if it did as I'm on my first grow but it's hard to conceive of how it would be of harm ? Insect access maybe ? Well, mixed in I don't think they could hurt anyway. Who knows maybe I just had my smart moment lol.

Air pots. A lot of holes and adjustable.

Attachments

• Airpots.jpg
    Airpots.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 64
  • DSCN2278 (2).JPG
    DSCN2278 (2).JPG
    3 MB · Views: 68
  • restrained.jpg
    restrained.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
Air pots. A lot of holes and adjustable.

For 8 words and 3 pics this is a very strong argument for air pots > hillbilly pots. A grower in another thread said that as soon as you pull a rootball from one you'll know why you're using them. :thumbsup:

For 8 words and 3 pics this is a very strong argument for air pots > hillbilly pots. A grower in another thread said that as soon as you pull a rootball from one you'll know why you're using them. :thumbsup:

Roger that.

Attachments

• Easy off.jpg
    Easy off.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
Back