Mephisto Genetics Advice for first-time grower? (and an introduction!)

Reaction score
Hello all!

I ended up here by recommendation of Mitch and I've been lurking around for a couple days soaking things up. First impressions - WOW! - it's been a while since I've been on a forum with so many kind and thoughtful posts. Seems like a great community. As a self-proclaimed noob, I can really appreciate the info here and the way it's presented.

I'm really excited about my first grow...been dreaming of this since I was a teenager. It's not until recently though that I discovered the world of autoflowering cannabis! What an interesting development in the cannabis world. The last time I did any research into growing things were very "old school" and I don't think I ever heard anything about ruderalis, much less these crazy autoflower strains that exist today.

Autoflowers interest me because of my need for a very compact and stealthy grow area. I also really dig their short seed-to-harvest timeline compared to your "typical" cannabis strain.

I smoke mostly for my own enjoyment but also to help with anxiety, stress, and ADD. It's really exciting to me the idea of growing a small amount for myself without having to deal with a large grow area - and, obviously, the fact that I will have total control over *what* I smoke rather than leaving it up to someone else or the black market.

So - here's what I'm working with so far. I have not yet planted anything, just been gathering up supplies :
- Mars Hydro 300W LED
- Roughly 16"x20"x"48" grow area
- 3gal smart pots (I think I can fit 2 in my space)
- Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil

I'd like to be able to produce, on average, 1-2oz/month (dry) - is that crazy for such a small area and growing autoflower?

I'm honestly just looking for some advice on my first grow...and specifically some strains you all may recommend for someone new like myself. If you have anything to share I'd appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!

hi and welcome :pass:
well if you dont find the info you after here,you wont find it.
sure you could get an O a month.lots of small space growers around Spanglish grow is worth a checking out,pics details he got it all.
can i recommend ? anything from mephisto is short answer.
pop over to live stoners for a brew and a rocket.
see ya round
:pighug:

Hello all!

I ended up here by recommendation of Mitch and I've been lurking around for a couple days soaking things up. First impressions - WOW! - it's been a while since I've been on a forum with so many kind and thoughtful posts. Seems like a great community. As a self-proclaimed noob, I can really appreciate the info here and the way it's presented.

I'm really excited about my first grow...been dreaming of this since I was a teenager. It's not until recently though that I discovered the world of autoflowering cannabis! What an interesting development in the cannabis world. The last time I did any research into growing things were very "old school" and I don't think I ever heard anything about ruderalis, much less these crazy autoflower strains that exist today.

Autoflowers interest me because of my need for a very compact and stealthy grow area. I also really dig their short seed-to-harvest timeline compared to your "typical" cannabis strain.

I smoke mostly for my own enjoyment but also to help with anxiety, stress, and ADD. It's really exciting to me the idea of growing a small amount for myself without having to deal with a large grow area - and, obviously, the fact that I will have total control over *what* I smoke rather than leaving it up to someone else or the black market.

So - here's what I'm working with so far. I have not yet planted anything, just been gathering up supplies :
- Mars Hydro 300W LED
- Roughly 16"x20"x"48" grow area
- 3gal smart pots (I think I can fit 2 in my space)
- Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil

I'd like to be able to produce, on average, 1-2oz/month (dry) - is that crazy for such a small area and growing autoflower?

I'm honestly just looking for some advice on my first grow...and specifically some strains you all may recommend for someone new like myself. If you have anything to share I'd appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!

Nice to see you here! We don't have foxfarm available to us here, but I remember reading that ocean forest is too hot for autos, at least to start in (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Cheers and you'll have fun here. It's a most excellent community :D

Nice to see you here! We don't have foxfarm available to us here, but I remember reading that ocean forest is too hot for autos, at least to start in (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Cheers and you'll have fun here. It's a most excellent community :D
Welcome Flaco, I agree with Mitch. I've never used it but have heard many times Ocean forest is hot. I've used Fox Farms Happy Frog in the past with nice results, but had a couple bags that had gnats and switched. Good luck.

Hey great to meet you! Good luck on your first grow!

Thanks for the info everyone!

So...I already have the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil...does this mean I should ditch it entirely (save for another grow) - or do you guys think I'd be okay with using it?

Back