Outdoor A question about starting grow from seed, I need opinions please!

P

poison

Hello there AFN!

My question is: is it possible to start outdoor grow by putting the seed directly into the ground?

+ The patch is in the nature, soil is prepared, no weeds in it. Just pure soil.

+ The temperature is +10 degrees celsius at night, daytime ~17 degrees. And it is gettin warmer every day.

+ It hasn't been raining for a while, but I know, some rain is coming in few days.

+ I have more than 300 autoflowering seed waiting for this year.

+ I expect to have enough sensimilla so I could smoke at weekends until next year grow.

Why I am considering doing it is that I cant germinate or pre-grow plants at home. Plus last years I noticed that transplanting hurts them..

Thank you for your time!
Poison

That will work just fine. I live way up north and do the same thing you're talking about every summer to supplement my cabinet grow. I am currently germinating a batch of Auto White Widow that will go outside, but I have also planted seed direct in the ground with decent results. If you can't germinate them inside for some reason, float your seeds overnight in a cup of water, then plant them just under the surface of the soil and water every day till they get going, then every two days for the first couple of weeks.

Good luck!

Also, I would work the dirt at the spot. I wouldn't just toss them on hard dirt, I would chop it into fine chunks with a hoe at the least. If you want, you could put in a little bit of perlite and a small amount of organic fertilizer such as earthworm castings, guano, etc. and then chop the dirt again.

Remember for outdoors don't plant in square patches or rows because they're much easier to see from the sky. If you prepared 10 little patches of dirt that were 1 foot circle or a little bigger, you could put 8 or 10 seeds in each (around the perimeter) and come back in 3 weeks to weed out the males.

Exactly! People recognize patterns easily. I like to plant several in a ring so it looks like one big bush as it's growing. Discretion is the name of the game when growing outdoors. If you can manage a couple of different locations, even better. Animals eat it, people pick it and cops look for it. Best if you spread it out if you can.

Back