A little curl - First Grow Gorilla Glue 15 days

Reaction score
I corrected the issue of seedlings falling over. It looks quite good except for I see 'some' leaves curling.

I am in layered
1.5" Soaked COCO croutons
5 " Roots Organics Greenfields.
4 " Happy Frog
2" Blended in top layer Diatomaceous Earth.

As far as nutes, I have used 1ml / Gal Rapid Start in PH 6.3 solution.
As of today plain water.
PH range 6.3-5
I use a moisture meter on the midrange moisture readings 5-6 on soil meter. in the green area.

The Curls are about 2 days old.
Rockwool is used.
I have not tested NPK but have soil test kit. Drying out soil to test this evening.

I expected enough start-up nutrients are in the soil. So have only used a little Rapid Start.
15 days into this first try.
I decided to do the following:
Raised Lights 2" to 18" X 75% X 900 meter lowered from 1000. ( don't have references for light measures. The plant is under a TS 1000 27" X 27" Mars grow tent.
Lowered the light intensity from 78% to 75%
Temp and RH: 26-27c 65 RH
Lowered fan speeds and turned one off to observe for Wind Burn.

I think the curls look minor. I just want to head off issues. IS this leaning to N toxicity? I have test but had watered the night before. My first thought is too much water.
Any thoughts?

20210605_110550.jpg
20210605_110550.jpg20210605_110550.jpg

I corrected the issue of seedlings falling over. It looks quite good except for I see 'some' leaves curling.

I am in layered
1.5" Soaked COCO croutons
5 " Roots Organics Greenfields.
4 " Happy Frog
2" Blended in top layer Diatomaceous Earth.

As far as nutes, I have used 1ml / Gal Rapid Start in PH 6.3 solution.
As of today plain water.
PH range 6.3-5
I use a moisture meter on the midrange moisture readings 5-6 on soil meter. in the green area.

The Curls are about 2 days old.
Rockwool is used.
I have not tested NPK but have soil test kit. Drying out soil to test this evening.

I expected enough start-up nutrients are in the soil. So have only used a little Rapid Start.
15 days into this first try.
I decided to do the following:
Raised Lights 2" to 18" X 75% X 900 meter lowered from 1000. ( don't have references for light measures. The plant is under a TS 1000 27" X 27" Mars grow tent.
Lowered the light intensity from 78% to 75%
Temp and RH: 26-27c 65 RH
Lowered fan speeds and turned one off to observe for Wind Burn.

I think the curls look minor. I just want to head off issues. IS this leaning to N toxicity? I have test but had watered the night before. My first thought is too much water.
Any thoughts?

View attachment 1326730View attachment 1326730View attachment 1326730
why the 2" Blended in top layer Diatomaceous Earth? usually used to control pests, and once it's wet it's kinda useless and must be reapplied, kills em by scratching exoskeleton and they dry out...not really a fan of the layering concept but to each his own, I know a straight pot of HF should have enough nutes to go a few weeks on water alone before needing nutes added. what kind of plain water was used, tap (city, well, "spring", distilled or RO?). Don't get me wrong, not ragging on ya just trying to understand...........aaaannnnnddddd.....................
Welcome to the best lil Forum on them there interwebs....:welcome::vibe::cooldance::frog:

why the 2" Blended in top layer Diatomaceous Earth? usually used to control pests, and once it's wet it's kinda useless and must be reapplied, kills em by scratching exoskeleton and they dry out...not really a fan of the layering concept but to each his own, I know a straight pot of HF should have enough nutes to go a few weeks on water alone before needing nutes added. what kind of plain water was used, tap (city, well, "spring", distilled or RO?). Don't get me wrong, not ragging on ya just trying to understand...........aaaannnnnddddd.....................
Welcome to the best lil Forum on them there interwebs....:welcome::vibe::cooldance::frog:
Distilled and PH'd
The layering? Probably a dumb idea but I did it. Thought was the early veg nutes then growing into Bloom nutrition. Something I won't do again.
The Diatomaceous Earth was for pest defense. When researching it I saw it being mixed into the top 1-2 inches of soil. Could be overkill as 15 days in, no bugs.

Like I said, I am new to growing weed. I am probably making the same mistakes as many new growers with overkill. Outside of the soil, I have been very conservative.

Distilled and PH'd
The layering? Probably a dumb idea but I did it. Thought was the early veg nutes then growing into Bloom nutrition. Something I won't do again.
The Diatomaceous Earth was for pest defense. When researching it I saw it being mixed into the top 1-2 inches of soil. Could be overkill as 15 days in, no bugs.

Like I said, I am new to growing weed. I am probably making the same mistakes as many new growers with overkill. Outside of the soil, I have been very conservative.
interesting idea on the D earth....never heard it before but thats not to say it can't work at least to 1st watering. Kudos on the water choice, I do only HF as it's recipe calls for oyster shell and dolomite which combined with the cal-mg in the nutrients should be enough. not saying layering is right or wrong, just seen where people have put in a too hot soil in bottom and when that tap root hits it it "can" cause issues. main thing, it's your grow grow it how you want it...we experimentin lil mad botanists.

Thanks for the remarks. It's my nature to jump ahead of the reading. The two soils I have to watch. I will wait a few days and watch moisture content. Maybe one more Distilled. I am adding a heavier dose of the root starter and some starting aromatherapy with GH product after watering again. Floralicious. My anticipated opportunity for a screw-up is in deciding to fertilize with Roots Organic Grow and Bloom or GH Flora series in the coming weeks.
My intent was to start with hydro but I changed to the soil to avoid a chiller expense right away. Thanks, again.

Back