Grow Mediums 4x Autos in Coco with Drain to Waste (DTW)

Reaction score
Hi All!

I recently switched to Coco for a number of reasons, and so far it has been amazing. This is also my first attempt with autos. I opted for DTW after reading the coco guides on this site, and hours of additional readings elsewhere.

Medium: Atami High Porosity Coco
Pots: 7L Fabric pots (Leca is filled at the bottom of each pot, and the remainder was added to the top)
Light: Kingbrite 240W LED Running at ~40%
Current Water: 1.0 EC at 5.8 PH
Resevoir Hardware: Air pump and air stone to keep the water fresh, 1000L/H pump.

The plant growth has been fantastic, the autos popped around the 14th November, and a few weeks later they are much larger and healthier than any grow I have achieved in the past. I started with manually feeding using a jug until they were decently established. They are now at about week 2-3 right now, and have just begun LST.

I saturated the pots at the end of week 2. This lead to them being heavy and wet for a few days, but i felt it neccesary to give the coco a cal.mg boost as well as fertigate with some nutes. Additionally, I also ran the DTW system for a few seconds yesterday morning. I am now afraid that I did not allow the root system to be established well enough.

I have read on many forums that some start automated daily feeds around day 20, and since I am approaching that point I was hoping to leverage you guys expertise and experience. Should i start running my system with daily fertigations?

The pots are currently quite heavy, and the bottom feels wet despite the Leca stones/balls at the bottom.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Here are the lovely ladies:

Bruce Banner (Sweet Seeds)
20211202_155542.jpg

Bubblegum (Fastbuds)
20211202_155549.jpg

Pineapple Express (AB Labs)

20211202_155552.jpg

Blackberry (Fastbuds), This one is smallest, Note the side branches are not as healthy as the others.
20211202_155556.jpg

COCO Drain to waste is definitely THE SHIT, just wanted to update this thread cause I am sure there are a few peeps who might be interested in the progress. We all share a common passion anyway.

Things are out of hand here though, i sadly see Imminent light burn in the future.

IMG_20211229_142136-min.jpg

BlackBerry Auto is already beautiful
IMG_20211228_171212-min.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211229_142136-min.jpg
    IMG_20211229_142136-min.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 36
Holy cow, is that the same plants!? Looks like you got it right! Nice job.

Thanks Gentlemen!

Apologies for the late response, even though I have email notifications on, I did not see any.

DCLXVI, yep they are the same plants. Im shocked as well, I will be using coco exclusively moving forward. But next time I will train the plants better from all I have learned this grow, honestly expected autos in 7L pots to be half this size.

Blackberry Auto is a damn stunning plant

IMG_20220110_142909-min.jpg

As you can see I am way way too close to the light, can already see the lime green on the buds above:

IMG_20220110_142814-min.jpg

And this leads to slower development on the outlying buds:

IMG_20220110_142752-min.jpg

But I plan to harvest in stages as they mature, do a bit of defoliation and then bend down the plant as neccesary to get as much of the buds to pack on weight last minute.

Gorgeous, and stuffed to the gills!

Reactions: AMG
Back