Outdoor 4/20 Super Cali Haze & Super Stinky Grom Journal

C

caramel

Hello everyone and welcome to my little space on autoflower.net. I'm growing super cali haze and super stinky outdoors this season. It's really hard to find ANYTHING on Super Stinky online, and trust me I went through 20+ pages of google without any solid grow journal/smoke report. A few people started on here but didn't turn out too well for them. So here I am with 10 seeds of sch and 10 of ss.

Mind you that this is my first grow EVER. I live in a small apartment so growing indoors is not really an option and weather upnorth stays cold well into May so I took matters in my own hands and started germination indoors.

As a newbie I didn't know what to expect. I germinated all seeds at once in rockwool cubes. And after that I got worried that I should have tried a few feelgood free seeds first before I tried all my expensive/more yielding seeds first. On top of that I was growing restless so I started to fiddle my sown seeds.

I made quiet a few rookie mistakes with this first time grow. I sowed the seeds on April 16, 2012 and on 4/20 all of them except one germinated :D. I was soooo happy to see them poke their head out of those cubes. I will always use this method from now on. (Except poking them to see the progress). It cost me less than $5 at walmart to grab 25 pack rockwool tray.

Since there were 25 cubes, I used 20 super seeds and 4 feelgood (All female). One cube turned out bad so I didn't bother seeding it. Out of 20 super seeds only one Super Stinky hasn't germinated, which is a very good ratio considering I am a rookie.

Here is the picture of them in the tray. Their date of birth is 4.20

Attachments

• Picture0001.JPG
    Picture0001.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture0002.JPG
    Picture0002.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 62
That is a good germ ratio. Good job. Get those into something asap, they want to grow! :D

I sowed the seeds on April 16, 2012 and on 4/20 all of them except one germinated

The ganja gods have smiled already!

I`ll be in to check updates, when I see the thread pop up. :toke:

Good luck on the grow.

That is a good germ ratio. Good job. Get those into something asap, they want to grow! :D

hmmm. Already ?? I was thinking another week or so before they need a container but I guess you're right. They are growing up very fast and so are their roots. I will get them in a new home tomorrow after work. With this method of germinating I won't have to fiddle with their roots and drop them straight in Jiffy paper cups. Thanks for checking in :)

Yeah, for sure. I would have even before now those bad boys are long! haha. Plus the rockwool is just a cube to start in and usually for hydroponic systems, but it will work.

Normally, when germinating seeds they are planted into soil when the taproot shows out of the seed. You are far beyond that and there is no where for your roots to get proper nutrients, water and air right now. Don't get me wrong if it's damp in there, I'm sure they're fine, but you have the first leaves going, it's past time to be in a container. Plant them deep enough so that it comes up to just a few inches from the first couple leaves, 2-3 inches if that. They should be fine.

:smokebuds:Squid is right,they need the lights closer to stop that stretching and should be transplanted .

Hello everyone and welcome to my little space on autoflower.net. I'm growing super cali haze and super stinky outdoors this season. It's really hard to find ANYTHING on Super Stinky online, and trust me I went through 20+ pages of google without any solid grow journal/smoke report. A few people started on here but didn't turn out too well for them. So here I am with 10 seeds of sch and 10 of ss.

Mind you that this is my first grow EVER. I live in a small apartment so growing indoors is not really an option and weather upnorth stays cold well into May so I took matters in my own hands and started germination indoors.

As a newbie I didn't know what to expect. I germinated all seeds at once in rockwool cubes. And after that I got worried that I should have tried a few feelgood free seeds first before I tried all my expensive/more yielding seeds first. On top of that I was growing restless so I started to fiddle my sown seeds.

I made quiet a few rookie mistakes with this first time grow. I sowed the seeds on April 16, 2012 and on 4/20 all of them except one germinated :D. I was soooo happy to see them poke their head out of those cubes. I will always use this method from now on. (Except poking them to see the progress). It cost me less than $5 at walmart to grab 25 pack rockwool tray.

Since there were 25 cubes, I used 20 super seeds and 4 feelgood (All female). One cube turned out bad so I didn't bother seeding it. Out of 20 super seeds only one Super Stinky hasn't germinated, which is a very good ratio considering I am a rookie.

Here is the picture of them in the tray. Their date of birth is 4.20

rockwool???
if it is really rockwool you need to look up ph adjustments and rockwool
like mentioned before the light needs to be lower but from the pic it appears you are using natural sunlight ...correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
rockwool???
if it is really rockwool you need to look up ph adjustments and rockwool
like mentioned before the light needs to be lower but from the pic it appears you are using natural sunlight ...correct?

That's correct.. at night they go in my closet and during the day on my bed next to the window.. I am planning to do ourdoor grow so not really spent anything on lighting or anything.. within next two weeks(or whenever the final frost is) they will be outside in a gurella grow.. Today I will definitely plant them in a bigger container..

Thanks for stopping by guys.. I really appreciate your expertise..

Yeah, for sure. I would have even before now those bad boys are long! haha. Plus the rockwool is just a cube to start in and usually for hydroponic systems, but it will work.

Normally, when germinating seeds they are planted into soil when the taproot shows out of the seed. You are far beyond that and there is no where for your roots to get proper nutrients, water and air right now. Don't get me wrong if it's damp in there, I'm sure they're fine, but you have the first leaves going, it's past time to be in a container. Plant them deep enough so that it comes up to just a few inches from the first couple leaves, 2-3 inches if that. They should be fine.

Thanks squid, I will transfer them after work and upload the new pics

Hey caramel, Just wanna clear a few things up. What you have your sprouts in are referred to as "peat pucks" not rockwool. Rockwool is something completely different. A good rule of thumb for planting is you want to put the puck and sprouted seed into soil as soon as the seed sprouts. They're not getting enough light sitting in your dark closet and on the window sill, You'd be doing yourself a big favor by getting two or three cfls to put over that tray. Right now the seedlings are stretching way too much and they may just flop out of existence.

Back