New Grower 2'x4'x5' Mephisto/LED/Organic First Grow

Reaction score
First off, Hello everyone and I'm excited to be part of the community here at AFN.

As the title says I'm using a 2x4x5 vivosun tent, 2 parfactworks ra2000w LED lights (230w) actually draw from wall each. Have a 4" carbon filter with the 4" vivosun exhaust fan, 2 6" oscillating clip fans, 3 gallon fabric pots x6. I'm using FFOF, FFHF, perlite, and gardening lime for my soil mix. I mixed up 18g of total soil.

9 gallons of FFoF (50%) of total mixture
4.5 gallons of FFHF (25%) of total mixture
4.5 gallons of perlite (25%) of total mixture
18 tablespoons on gardening lime.

The gear: Mephisto Genetics

3x Creme de la Chem
3x Samsquach OG

My ro water out of my source tested right at 6.5ph so looks like smoother sailing there. So far I've got my pots filled and watered them each with a half gallon of water tonight. My seeds should be here tommorrow or friday. I plan on doing a soak in ro water with a cap full of h2o2 till they sink for 24hr, then germinate. Around week 5 I plan on top dressing with fresh FFoF to recharge the soil, I've heard this works fantastic, if I run into note issues i have the fox farm trio on hand in case of emergency. I plan on LST and possibly topping... not sure if that's a good idea for my first run, if anyone that has expertise in topping mephisto strains please feel free to dm your method so I can learn. More to come and Happy harvesting my friends

Some pictures of setup

Attachments

• 20200120_001645.jpg
    20200120_001645.jpg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200118_113611.jpg
    20200118_113611.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200118_113543.jpg
    20200118_113543.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 34
First off, Hello everyone and I'm excited to be part of the community here at AFN.

As the title says I'm using a 2x4x5 vivosun tent, 2 parfactworks ra2000w LED lights (230w) actually draw from wall each. Have a 4" carbon filter with the 4" vivosun exhaust fan, 2 6" oscillating clip fans, 3 gallon fabric pots x6. I'm using FFOF, FFHF, perlite, and gardening lime for my soil mix. I mixed up 18g of total soil.

9 gallons of FFoF (50%) of total mixture
4.5 gallons of FFHF (25%) of total mixture
4.5 gallons of perlite (25%) of total mixture
18 tablespoons on gardening lime.

The gear: Mephisto Genetics

3x Creme de la Chem
3x Samsquach OG

My ro water out of my source tested right at 6.5ph so looks like smoother sailing there. So far I've got my pots filled and watered them each with a half gallon of water tonight. My seeds should be here tommorrow or friday. I plan on doing a soak in ro water with a cap full of h2o2 till they sink for 24hr, then germinate. Around week 5 I plan on top dressing with fresh FFoF to recharge the soil, I've heard this works fantastic, if I run into note issues i have the fox farm trio on hand in case of emergency. I plan on LST and possibly topping... not sure if that's a good idea for my first run, if anyone that has expertise in topping mephisto strains please feel free to dm your method so I can learn. More to come and Happy harvesting my friends

heya @MadDabbs85 and :welcome: to afn! :toke: everything soundz dialed in enuff to start & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420::greenthumb:

Welcome MadDabbs and may I say your pre planning is impressive. I reckon you could top one of each, LST the rest and get a real time comparison.

Looks like you are well on your way. I just finished my 1st grow of auto's and was rewarded with plenty of help on the forum and a good harvest.
I think you will have the same. :thumbsup:
That's awesome my friend! Pretty sure I found a great community and can't wait for my first harvest! Patients and diligence shall prevail, I'm sure I'll need some incite from the seasoned vets here but I've tryed duing my research and fill like I have a grasp on things... learning experience from here on out!

Welcome MadDabbs and may I say your pre planning is impressive. I reckon you could top one of each, LST the rest and get a real time comparison.
I read that topping around 21 days is the ideal time? I'll have to post updated pictures as things develope... I would love to maximize my harvest.

A little update! Got a humidifier set up on the system and RH is at 52% as we speak, I'm sure I'll have to tweak it, although it claims to have a hemistat that shuts off at certain levels... anyway I'll get that sorted.

Back