Grow Room 2x2 grow equipment input / help

thedailydose

is starting to get better at this..
Reaction score
hey AFN! first time poster here and i was hoping to get some help/suggestions with my grow set up before buying the equipments. just want to make sure that i have everything i need to start my 1st grow and get my hands dirty.

1) TENT: 24x24x55
64" is my max head room and 55" tent is the tallest i can find with 2x2 layout so i hope this works..
Amazon product

2) 4" FAN & FILTER COMBO:
i dont really see much of a difference between the two besides the 190vs203cfm.. any inputs? are they a COMPLETE set or am i missing something else?

- IPOWER 190cfm https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D8TZ2KV/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
or

- VIVOSUN 203cfm https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XFRNPR8/ref=sspa_mw_detail_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) AUTOCOB 3500k by @BigSm0
ive been seeing/reading very good things about the lights and it sounds perfect for a 2x2 space!

4)SOIL & NUTES:
ill be taking the KISS method approach here so just the basics.

- PRO MIX HP
is there any difference between the
white&orange
https://m.lowes.com/pd/PRO-MIX-Growing-Medium-2-2-cu-ft-Peat-Moss-Moisture-Control/3745337

and

white&blue bag?
https://www.greenerhydroponics.com/...MInrq236qa4QIVXSCtBh0O8gGCEAkYAyABEgKWJPD_BwE

- GH FLORA TRIO GROW / BLOOM / MICRO
- CAL MAG
- PH UP/DOWN
*TAP WATER*

5)SEEDS: going to go for a high yielding strain for my 1st grow so i was thinking of picking up some DP AUTO ULTIMATE.

do i have everything covered regarding the equipments? any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hello dude and Welcome :welcome:....I have looked through your stuff and the tent and lights are good, I don't use Cobshop lights but their reputation on here alone is fantastic......with the medium I would go with orange, blue is for low-light, high humidity it says....eerrrr both the fan kits look ok...I would go for more fresh air in the tent so the 203 for me.......Nutes are good Flora trio....and Dutch Passion is a great choice too......good to go dude....happy growing :smiley1:

thank you for the welcome and taking the time to respond @Vapo69 ! didnt want to order the wrong things seeing as its my first time ... glad to hear everything is in order and ready to go. Im trying to get this grow started ASAP. thanks again! :thumbsup:

im from the other side of the pond so cant give any testimonials,i recognize all the names so you on the right track :thumbsup:
light spot on,seeds spot on,fans....very little between them :pass:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

im from the other side of the pond so cant give any testimonials,i recognize all the names so you on the right track :thumbsup:
light spot on,seeds spot on,fans....very little between them :pass:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

I appreciate @archie gemmill thank you for taking the time to look over the set up! Im looking to place my orders within the next days and an update + journal to follow stay tuned!

time to play the waiting game..

just sent out my orders for the equipments and everything will be up and running once they arrive!

i will drop a link to a grow journal once i get started :thumbsup:

Everything looks good to me I am pretty familiar with most of the items on your setup and nothing looks bad. I just cant speak on the medium because I have never used pro-mix, but plenty of people swear by it. I currently do not use nutes but when I did I would sometimes have issues with our tap water here (it is garbage) so I used filtered water. You can adjust for it just have to watch how your plants respond. Part of becoming a better grower is always observe. :pass:

Set up looks good, may want to opt for 2 cobs if you plan to yield big. 1 cob is good but 60w will only take you so far.

Everything looks good to me I am pretty familiar with most of the items on your setup and nothing looks bad. I just cant speak on the medium because I have never used pro-mix, but plenty of people swear by it. I currently do not use nutes but when I did I would sometimes have issues with our tap water here (it is garbage) so I used filtered water. You can adjust for it just have to watch how your plants respond. Part of becoming a better grower is always observe. :pass:

thank you for the input! medium came down to either FFOF or PROMIX. im looking forward to this upcoming journey.. just hoping i dont mess it up too much lol

Set up looks good, may want to opt for 2 cobs if you plan to yield big. 1 cob is good but 60w will only take you so far.

thanks for the input @Free Flow.

how much of yield difference are we looking at with 2 cobs? i read 2x2 = 1 cob.. but i would be willing to take it up to 2 in the future for better yield results.

Back