29c at 9wk flower!

darknight_420

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm getting stressed as my temps ar at 29c 9wk in flower and the only way I can lower it is by dimming my light but thst means pulling less than 150w from the plug.

I've no idea what to do and worried my terpene will end up evaporating. I'm now coming upstairs and can smell things that make me go hmmmmmmmmm nice but know its no right.

Advice greatly appreciated in wats to cool the tent. I've opened the doors and flapped the hot air out but it not a solution, I can turn the fans up to extract faster but the tent will end up buckling with negative pressue

Thanks

29˚C = 84.2˚F. This is much like normal summer day weather. May not be optimal for indoor growth, but I'd presume you can get by without heat-related problems, presuming your humidity and tent circulation are OK. And it likely would be good to not run the lights 24x7.

What is the relative humidity; what fan(s) are going; and what is the nature of room the tent is in (window/vented or not; how hot is it; can you add a window air conditioner)? What is the climate/season where you are (how hot outside)?

Regarding buckling, you can reduce exhaust fan power and/or simply allow more air passage, such as just leave a tent flap unzipped.

29˚C = 84.2˚F. This is much like normal summer day weather. May not be optimal for indoor growth, but I'd presume you can get by without heat-related problems, presuming your humidity and tent circulation are OK. And it likely would be good to not run the lights 24x7.

What is the relative humidity; what fan(s) are going; and what is the nature of room the tent is in (window/vented or not; how hot is it; can you add a window air conditioner)? What is the climate/season where you are (how hot outside)?

Regarding buckling, you can reduce exhaust fan power and/or simply allow more air passage, such as just leave a tent flap unzipped.
Hey, quick fix on the buckling… just to get you by for now. Take 1x1 wood dowels or wood stock and cut to fit tight between verticals cut ends in a V pattern on each end and make 4 . Dry fit and make adjustments. Drill holes behind V for zip ties affix back and sides, leave front one removable for plant work
04BB05A0-7507-4290-B902-9DEF5CF27276.jpeg

Zoom in on corner of tent and you’ll see how I did it.

Hi all

I'm getting stressed as my temps ar at 29c 9wk in flower and the only way I can lower it is by dimming my light but thst means pulling less than 150w from the plug.

I've no idea what to do and worried my terpene will end up evaporating. I'm now coming upstairs and can smell things that make me go hmmmmmmmmm nice but know its no right.

Advice greatly appreciated in wats to cool the tent. I've opened the doors and flapped the hot air out but it not a solution, I can turn the fans up to extract faster but the tent will end up buckling with negative pressue

Thanks
dim the light & lower it
or get a fan on the floor pushing the hot air coming down back up to the top of the tent.

if you do put another fan in it will create possitive pressure and you should be able to turn extraction up then without too much buckle.

i use a GSE temp & humidity controller with -50 % - 100% negitve pressure controls on it that really help me control everything

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies and suggestions

I'm no sure how to quote everyone but hopefully I'll cover it here.

The tent is inside a clothes wardrobe and I'm venting inside and the door is slightly open. It's never been a problem over the years as it's only a small 60x90 tent.

I can open the window if the bedroom but it's freezing outside just now at 14c and my house is overlooked by everyone in the scheme so they'll be wondering whats that silly man doing with his windows open lol

The tent I use is a green Qube and it's shit. The vents come wirh stupid metal poles and they're called light savers. It's the biggest load of shite I've seen and I do use brace inside the tent to stop buckling but cut it to long and it's now ripped by rhe zipper and that's because my brace bars are around the outside of my poles! Aye im a clown!!

I'm no to fussed as ive a heavy blanket draped over to stop light leaks and it works well.

My lights out at 8pm to 8am but the sun comes up aroumd 5am just now which is why I have it blacked out.

The fan I use is an infinity6 and it's at speed 2 and negative pressure is great. Turn it up to halfway 5 and I cant even putt the sides away from the brace inside.

I've turned my light down to 170w today and put the heat mat on so the roots stay toastie.

I'm hoping it'll ve a better day as lights on now is 23.5c and humidity 44% and temp slowly increasing

dim the light & lower it
or get a fan on the floor pushing the hot air coming down back up to the top of the tent.

if you do put another fan in it will create possitive pressure and you should be able to turn extraction up then without too much buckle.

i use a GSE temp & humidity controller with -50 % - 100% negitve pressure controls on it that really help me control everything

Great advice already given on your question, I follow a similar method to @NORB YIPPLS but without a controller as I’m cheap free labour 🌱

Great advice already given on your question, I follow a similar method to @NORB YIPPLS but without a controller as I’m cheap free labour 🌱
i got mine off ebay for £21
it had a blue wire hanging out the probe
i bought it and took it apart,
the blue wire goes nowere and stoped so it must of been. a spare wire lol
cos it works fine, thier over £200 to buy new lol

Thanks for your replies and suggestions

I'm no sure how to quote everyone but hopefully I'll cover it here.

The tent is inside a clothes wardrobe and I'm venting inside and the door is slightly open. It's never been a problem over the years as it's only a small 60x90 tent.

I can open the window if the bedroom but it's freezing outside just now at 14c and my house is overlooked by everyone in the scheme so they'll be wondering whats that silly man doing with his windows open lol

The tent I use is a green Qube and it's shit. The vents come wirh stupid metal poles and they're called light savers. It's the biggest load of shite I've seen and I do use brace inside the tent to stop buckling but cut it to long and it's now ripped by rhe zipper and that's because my brace bars are around the outside of my poles! Aye im a clown!!

I'm no to fussed as ive a heavy blanket draped over to stop light leaks and it works well.

My lights out at 8pm to 8am but the sun comes up aroumd 5am just now which is why I have it blacked out.

The fan I use is an infinity6 and it's at speed 2 and negative pressure is great. Turn it up to halfway 5 and I cant even putt the sides away from the brace inside.

I've turned my light down to 170w today and put the heat mat on so the roots stay toastie.

I'm hoping it'll ve a better day as lights on now is 23.5c and humidity 44% and temp slowly increasing
maybe try vent into the roof space if its above the cuboard to stop the room filing with warm expealed air and the freash air will be more benefical

Back