Reaction score
This will be my 1st time growing autos I have grown a couple plants outside but never inside till now!

OK so the room I will be growing in is 4 ft by 5 ft by 7 ft. The pots I will be growing in are 18 gallon totes that hold 2.5cf of soil. For my soil I will be using promix organic with added perlite, bone meal, worm castings and small amount of lime. As for my nutrients I will be using Dr earth organic golden bloom at flower with npk of (2-7-2) and nitro big with npk of (7-2-2) during veg. And possibly a couple feedings with there ocean rich seaweed with npk of (0-0-4.5) to promote root growth. The light setup I will be using is 2 mars hydro 300 watt led. And possibly some cfl's thrown in. Then during flowering I'll be adding some Arcadia 14% UVB T5 bulbs to try and produce more thc.

OK so now for the girls I'll be growing. My plans are to have 4 plants in this space. Gorilla glue#4, LSD 25, Pineapple Express and Green Crack all by fast buds. My plans are to scrog these girls to get the most out of them and let them grow as long as possible. If I could get 2oz per plant that would be awesome and I feel that's achievable with my setup.

OK so now for my questions are the mars 300s enough for the plants/space. Or should I go with the 600s. Is there anything that looks way crazy to use.

I've got everything ready and I'm just waiting for the beans to get here so I can get them going. I'm very excited for my 1st indoor grow any feedback is much appreciated and:thanks: for stopping by.

If you have the 600's readily available, go with them. I wouldn't make a separate purchase though. Two 300's should be pretty close to adequate coverage. Would def add a few cfl's for corner lighting. Im waiting on some gg4 and p express from fastbuds also. Curious about their genetics.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

How about air circ and venting? You didn't mention anything

Hey kender a good question on those cfl what color spectrum you use??

If you can up your light you are going to be happy with the results. The DIY forum is awash with self built cob systems that could coax down an airliner on approach. And a look through the threads here will show the benefit of these lights.

Everything else looks good. I dont think 2oz is very difficult to reach with good light and proper airflow. You are 90 days away from some very happy times my friend.

And WELCOME TO AFN! Make sure to drop buy the intros thread and let folks get to know you. They are a great bunch here and will help you get up to speed on anything you might have questions on.

How about air circ and venting? You didn't mention anything

Yea after I post the thread I realized I didn't say anything about that I have 2 smaller oscillating fans for air movement and a smaller carbon scrubber if needed I have a stand up ac unit as well as a dehumidifier. I may add an inline fan to vent the room if needed

Sounds like you have all your bases covered brother. As far as cfl's are concerned, i personally dont use them. I might suggest looking at a lighting graph and choose which light (s) best suit your needs. I would rather enjoy following your journal if you choose to keep one.

Ok Ive got some questions on some lights I've been researching for hours and I mean hours trying to find best lights in my price range I've come across two lights that have great reviews on Amazon and are in my price range only question is there a such thing as too much light would it be possible to use 2 1200 watt LEDs in this 4x5 space or would I be better off using 2 600 watt lights I will attach the lights that I have found please let me know what you guys think looking for the best bang for my buck to yield as much as possible without spending loads of money.

I want to try and avoid light burn so I'm not sure if two 1200's would be too much but I'm just wanting to make sure I'm using my space the best I can with my budget. Thanks for any advice/help have a good one.

Also as for lumens per square foot what should I be trying to achieve. The chart im using says like 7000 per square foot which is 140,000 and i feel like that's a crazy amount with led. Now with wattage every other forum and Web page I've red wattage should be between 50-80 a square foot and with my 20 square feet that would be 1600 watts on the higher side but is that true watts from led or the 1200 watt value? it's all confusing.

Here is the lights I'm trying to decide between.
1200 watt Kingled king plus series-189$
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01JLKUA2W?th=1&psc=1

600 watt Kingled king plus series-119$
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0183Z7Z56?th=1&psc=1

Or

600 watt Galaxyhydro-159$
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I...alaxyhydro&dpPl=1&dpID=511GC8bCmqL&ref=plSrch

Like I said thanks for your time. It's much appreciated.

Here is a quick guide for LED lighting that i have lived by... one 300w-450w per plant. In a 4x5 room, that means 2 individual 600w-900w lights or 4 individual 300-450s. If you can daisy chain the 300s, id go that route. You will get more coverage with individual lights. Plus you get the added bonus of raising and lowering each light to suit your plants.

You might consider taking your money and wandering over to the DIY thread and ask for some help. What you can build for that is much MUCH more powerful than one of the low end pre-builts will ever put out.

Back