Live Stoners 1st time grow with high hopes

Reaction score
What's up peeps, this will be my 1st time growing autos or really 1st time growing indoors period. I messed around a little bit when I was in high school growing outside but I didn't know WTF I was doing so never really did any good but that was many years ago and I've seen/read a lot of grow longs. Ive learned alot and not just what i should do but also what not to do. Just recently it passed for medical use in my state and I'm anxious to get some beautiful fat girls going. As the title states I'm hoping for a good yield 1st time around so I guess I should let ya'll know my plans, space I'm using and the beans I'll be growing so you seasoned vets can tell me if my plans are up to par.

The room is in my basement and is 9ft by 9ft by 8ft. I plan to scrog 4 girls in this space at a time. The pots I plan to grow in are some 18 gallon totes from Walmart that will hold 2.5cf of soil. As for the soil I will be using Pro Mix organic with added perlite, worm castings, bone meal, and a little bit of lime thrown into it. As for the nutes I plan to use is Dr Earth's Nitro Big in veg and Golden Bloom in flower as well as a couple feedings with there Ocean Rich seaweed as needed.

As for lighting I know I may get some crap for it but hey its all I can afford lol. I plan to use 4 KingLed 600 watt LEDs they have great reviews on Amazon there dual chip 5 watts. As well as full spectrum. I will add 4 6500k Cfl during veg then switch to 2700k during flower per plant. Unless I run across some E27 led lights for just flowering for cheap.

Heck I may even go with there 1000 watt LEDs more watt = higher yeild right. I know it don't work that way exactly but what's your guys thought on the light set up. Difference in price from 600 to 1000 is only 30$

Now for ventilation I'm going to use a 4 inch inline fan with a pre filter coming from a old heat duct that goes ouside. And a carbon filter/scrubber going just out the room. Not sure yet on what carbon filter ill be getting but i know it'll be a cheap one from eBay not sure of size yet.

Now for the fun part!!!!
The girls that I hope will get big and fat are......
FastBuds- Gorilla Glue#4
FastBuds - Green Crack
FastBuds- Pineapple Express
FastBuds- LSD 25
I will also have 5 random autoflower seeds from the bank I ordered with. They gave them for free due to only having 1 payment option at time of checkout. The girls should be here tomorrow they arrived in the states on the 11th and status says tomorrow but we will see.

I know I know long read but figured Id get it all out in one post and see what you guys think.

Much love for AFN. Nice meeting you all, seams to be a great forum and everyone very helpful. Can't wait to share my EPIC grows with you guys might even be epic fails but never know to you try right!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for checking in and Have a good one.

What's up peeps, this will be my 1st time growing autos or really 1st time growing indoors period. I messed around a little bit when I was in high school growing outside but I didn't know WTF I was doing so never really did any good but that was many years ago and I've seen/read a lot of grow longs. Ive learned alot and not just what i should do but also what not to do. Just recently it passed for medical use in my state and I'm anxious to get some beautiful fat girls going. As the title states I'm hoping for a good yield 1st time around so I guess I should let ya'll know my plans, space I'm using and the beans I'll be growing so you seasoned vets can tell me if my plans are up to par.

The room is in my basement and is 9ft by 9ft by 8ft. I plan to scrog 4 girls in this space at a time. The pots I plan to grow in are some 18 gallon totes from Walmart that will hold 2.5cf of soil. As for the soil I will be using Pro Mix organic with added perlite, worm castings, bone meal, and a little bit of lime thrown into it. As for the nutes I plan to use is Dr Earth's Nitro Big in veg and Golden Bloom in flower as well as a couple feedings with there Ocean Rich seaweed as needed.

As for lighting I know I may get some crap for it but hey its all I can afford lol. I plan to use 4 KingLed 600 watt LEDs they have great reviews on Amazon there dual chip 5 watts. As well as full spectrum. I will add 4 6500k Cfl during veg then switch to 2700k during flower per plant. Unless I run across some E27 led lights for just flowering for cheap.

Heck I may even go with there 1000 watt LEDs more watt = higher yeild right. I know it don't work that way exactly but what's your guys thought on the light set up. Difference in price from 600 to 1000 is only 30$

Now for ventilation I'm going to use a 4 inch inline fan with a pre filter coming from a old heat duct that goes ouside. And a carbon filter/scrubber going just out the room. Not sure yet on what carbon filter ill be getting but i know it'll be a cheap one from eBay not sure of size yet.

Now for the fun part!!!!
The girls that I hope will get big and fat are......
FastBuds- Gorilla Glue#4
FastBuds - Green Crack
FastBuds- Pineapple Express
FastBuds- LSD 25
I will also have 5 random autoflower seeds from the bank I ordered with. They gave them for free due to only having 1 payment option at time of checkout. The girls should be here tomorrow they arrived in the states on the 11th and status says tomorrow but we will see.

I know I know long read but figured Id get it all out in one post and see what you guys think.

Much love for AFN. Nice meeting you all, seams to be a great forum and everyone very helpful. Can't wait to share my EPIC grows with you guys might even be epic fails but never know to you try right!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for checking in and Have a good one.
My first thought about those lights are if your going to spend 5-600 on 4 of those you could spend that money a lot better. Plus the costs of your CFL's The same amount spent on DIY Cob's would blow those lights away eh @BigSm0 ? Those will surely grow some flowers, but I'm not sure they'll perform like your expecting, not in a 9 x 9 space.

Welcome to AFN!! :welcome:
Good luck with your grow! :vibe::vibes::vibe:

Welcome to afn.

The best thing about afn is you won't get crap for your choices. I just can't go without saying a few friendly things.

Everyone has some sort of budget. If your hearts set on those then go for it. I'd much rather see people put money into something that's not a scam though. lol I just said this in another thread but there are leds and there are grow lights. Most of the stuff you see on eBay is just an led.

Thanks good to be here, as for doing a diy led it's gonna be a lot just building/maintaining this system let alone building my own lights maybe one day but not feasible right now. :biggrin:What would u guys recommend for lights then? I'm not looking for crazy high yeilds just a respectable amount for my 1st time. I was planning to run same 4 girls in a closet grow but i wasn't using my storage room in my basement so I went from a 4x5 to a 9x9 but i only plan to scrog/lst the girls to a total of 6x6 so I have about 18 inches all the way around the plants to walk around them, make sure everything is going good no mold or problems as well as have room for fans and anything else as needed. So I would have 1 600 watt light above each plant. I don't have alot of cash to spend on lights but I've looked and looked and it's a little confusing so I just said fuck it I'm buying these i searched for like 5 hrs:wall: and they had good reviews on Amazon there 119$ a piece I have not ordered any yet I also thought about ordering some refurbished mars 600s. Just to many choices and you never actually know what your getting sadly.:shrug: But I do know that I done want to spend more then 650$ on lights I can get 32 cfl's for 56$ and with the LEDs it's a total of 532$

:thanks::cheers:

Sounds like a plan. Start with those and if you decide to upgrade later on that's an option as well. Lots of guys here are converting their led lights into cob fixtures. I'd say one of those lights over each plant will give you a very respectable yield. Will you be doing a journal? If so I'd love to see how you do. Also if you need anything or advice on the build/setup feel free to ask away.

Sounds like a plan. Start with those and if you decide to upgrade later on that's an option as well. Lots of guys here are converting their led lights into cob fixtures. I'd say one of those lights over each plant will give you a very respectable yield. Will you be doing a journal? If so I'd love to see how you do. Also if you need anything or advice on the build/setup feel free to ask away.

Yep definitely doing a journal and thanks I appreciate it. Nice to know there is a huge community here to help much appreciated:jointman:

High hopes is a great way to start your grow!! Good luck and nice strain choice....want to try pineapple and lsd-25 from fast buds.

hey dude and welcome to AFN, you be in the right place for auto's dude. Every one here is so nice dude and will bend over backwards to help you out on you auto adventures.
Your set up sound cool and it sounds like you are in the same boat as me with budget and a high expectation for you first harvest. I can recommend the cheaper end of the Mars LED lights, I'm running 1x300w reflector and a 600w classic. On my first grow with the 600W the bud density wasn't to bad but since adding the the reflector into the mix I'm getting much tighter buds.
Follow this link to check my journal out dude

Any question you got and when you get a journal going come and give a shout out in live stoners dude...also just tag me with @ (just like in facebook) love to follow your first journal
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...ot-better-man-3xbig-easy-freedom-seeds.55035/

What light should i get I have 2 choices.

600 watt led with 5 watt double chip led for a total of 60 10 watt LEDs or

600 watt led 3 watt LEDs for a total of 200 LEDs.

Both are full spectrum but the 3 watt led light has 2 IR and 2 UV LEDs in the mix but I've read that the 5 watt double chip LEDs penetrate the canopy better but I don't know how true that is. To many damn choices:cuss:

Hello chum, for my 2 cents.......

when I started out a few years back, I grew four fat girls with one 180w Prakasa LED, the yeild was still one of the best I got. When you start out, keep it simple, keep it to a budget and LEARN and ENJOY. You don't have to hit it out of the ball park first time. Enjoys it and make notes. Read other journals and see what you like.

If you want to start cheap, do so, then sell them on eBay and move up to the next level, or go DIY with them.....the options are endless.......just enjoy it.........................eP.

Back