Grow Room 1st Setup + question about nutes for soil vs hydro

Reaction score
Hey everybody, been lurking since 2016, finally have the place and means to start my first ever grow. Have a few questions that I need clarification on what environment to grow might be better for a first time grower. I aim to grow autos and aim to get max yield!

Should I go with a soil set up:
"Easy As Organics" soil with BioBizz nute schedule
https://easyasorganics.com.au/product/water-only-organic-soil-blend/

or
Hempy Bucket (100% perlite)
- GH nutes with CalMag

Which one is easier for a beginner to manage?
Will I get bugs using that type of "living organic soil"?

What does it mean to actually feed your plants nutrients -> Lets say I have 1. Grow and 2.Bloom
Do I mix Grow + water to desired ratio then feed plant until run off occurs?
then mix Bloom + water to desired ratio then feed plant until run off occurs again?
or mix grow+bloom+water to ratio then feed plant until run off?

Also pot size for either choice might be 4 x 3-gallon or 4 x 5-gallons, are my lights (below) enough?

Its going to be indoors with this setup:
- 1m x 1m x 2m grow tent
- 4" fan + carbon filter + ducting
- 600w Viparspectra full spectrum LED
- ph meter, humidty/temp meter, scissors, zip ties (LST)

^am i missing anything vital? How do I lower/raise pH without messing with the water too badly?

I know its alot of questions but I want to do this right...Thanks for any help :pass:

Hi mate,

I was reading topping thread and saw your post. So here i am, lol.

If you are absolutely newbie, id suggest you to go with advanced nutrients (sensi coco grow n bloom). This is the easiest one. You dont need any additives, ph buffer agents etc. maybe some silica and calmag. Thats all.

Or you can go with Hempy (coco + perlite) + lucas + calg mag + silica + ph down (ph 5,50 - 5,80 range)

As for the growing medium i strongly suggest hempy (50-50 or 30-70 coco - perlite). There is nothing easier than this combo. Advanced nutrients are fine, but darn expensive. But still, all you need is base nutes.

I run atm 5 gal hempy, lucas with calmag and silica. She is under 150w cobs, 12-5,5-1-5,5 is the lightning schedule. Topped at day 21 and she is getting 16 colas with lst. Couldnt be happier with results.

Dont buy fancy nutes or additives, keep it simple. KISS

(Sorry for my bad english)

Peace

I do straight perlite. I use Maxi grow and bloom. Get both for $30 or under. I use cal/mag and silica as well. Am going to swap to coco as the price of perlite has went threw the roof. You have to buffer the coco or buy buffered coco I have learned too.

Back