1st grow - week 10. Vertically challenged?

Smoke em if you got em

I like weed.
Reaction score
1st grow - week 10, do you think I can I expect any stretching from these vertically challenged specimens? (Banana Daddy - Bruce Banner - Blue Dreamatic) they are almost in week 5 of flowering except Blue Dream is a week behind. The flowers on Banana Daddy and Bruce Banner have been getting fatter and frosty but Blue Dream is the only one that still seems to be gaining any height and hasn't started showing trichomes yet so I'm hoping she becomes biggest plant and my highest yielding of the group.

Attachments

• 1stGrow2022.png
    1stGrow2022.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 71
@Smoke em if you got em :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: :yeahthat:

A lot of environmental factors can account for shorter plants, Not enough light. Too much blue light. Not enough red light. Transplanting late, not watering properly? Not enough fresh air, too little co² or any combination of the above.

Your plants look healthy and you will get some fine bud!

:toke:

@Smoke em if you got em :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: :yeahthat:

A lot of environmental factors can account for shorter plants, Not enough light. Too much blue light. Not enough red light. Transplanting late, not watering properly? Not enough fresh air, too little co² or any combination of the above.

Your plants look healthy and you will get some fine bud!

:toke:
Thanks Man! I originally planned on growing them in a small stealth grow box I had converted from an old chest freezer (now will be the drying box) so the pots were smaller than I'd have liked and I was trying to keep them short- midway thru the grow I decided a better, more permanent area (basement bathroom shower) to grow in and got a proper grow light and yes, I had some over-watering issues and was a little late in feeding them properly. I learned a lot from everyone here and feel better prepared for my next grow which will be larger scale, so exciting! I hope I can harvest enough from these shorties to last me until then.

Going by the length of the white hairs, I'd say you're through a majority of the stretch. I wouldn't expect much more at all
I guess my best hope is to have Blue Dream flowers gain some weight as they mature over the next couple weeks if she's done growing taller. I'm really looking forward to going bigger on my next grow, guess I'll start the germination process tonight!

I guess my best hope is to have Blue Dream flowers gain some weight as they mature over the next couple weeks if she's done growing taller. I'm really looking forward to going bigger on my next grow, guess I'll start the germination process tonight!
IMPO you want to start the seed right in the pot they will grow in. Learn how to water and feed properly for your grow style. Top your plant above the 4th node ASAP that is all the training I do; except in late flower I may remove some lower leaves for better air flow.

:goodluck:

Looks like my first plants LOL. What size pot are they in?

And how close have you had the light?

And how close have you had the light?
Yeah I had them in really small pots. I started growing in a stealth grow box and midway through upgraded their space and light but the trajectory was already set. I'm all in all pretty happy with the results and I have confidence going into my more upsized 2nd grow!

From my experience which isn’t much admittedly, having the light to close during veg and stretch will keep your plants really short. I made that mistake right up through my last grow. Not until I started some outside plants did I realize I was keeping the light to close. And I think it goes without saying that small pots limit a plants growth. Your plants are healthy which is good. Just growing as big as their environment has allowed them to.

Back