12/12 strains

Reaction score
Hello florists, i need you opinion's on which strains will grow best under the natural sunlight outdoors with a constant supply of light 12hr during the day and 12hr of darkness.

Your very close to the equator, im going to assume its probable a humid/wet climate. I think pure sativas are what your looking for, hybrids won't get big under 12/12 but a true sativa will and resists mold much better. I would look at ace seeds, cbg seeds, and other breeders working with pure sativa genetics.

DP does indeed have some stellar plants!! If it was me i would be giving the Desfran genetics a try...pure sativa and the Destroyer genetics are south american, so i would think they would be pretty solid is a southern equatorial climate. PM dutchpassiontony and ask him what he thinks about desfran outdoors.

DP does indeed have some stellar plants!! If it was me i would be giving the Desfran genetics a try...pure sativa and the Destroyer genetics are south american, so i would think they would be pretty solid is a southern equatorial climate. PM dutchpassiontony and ask him what he thinks about desfran outdoors.
I would have to agree with you the sativa strains will definitely stretch a lot more if 12/12 from seed. Which would equate in more yield hopefully. Mostly 65% of sativa would be best in my view . But I think a vigorous hybrid strain would grow to a decent size before flowering it takes about 5 weeks before they start showing pistils so look at it like n auto in some respects.

I have some genetics coming soon for me I will test a few on 12/12. Maybe one of each strain. 16 different strains all regular . Haha should be interesting.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Hello florists, i need you opinion's on which strains will grow best under the natural sunlight outdoors with a constant supply of light 12hr during the day and 12hr of darkness.

Hola!

Despite @912GreenSkell mentioning me, I don't have that much experience.
You can check my outdoor grows in signature line below.
I'm also at sub-tropics, presently 11/13 in winter, max in summer is about 13.5/10.5 or so.
For photos in this area, I've successfully run a nice Northern Lights from MSNL,
and a few Mandala Safari crosses, which I am now running again as second generation.

You say "which strains will grow best", and only mention the lighting situation.
What about other things? In particular, humidity / moisture / rain levels?
My last grows were at altitude 600m = almost 2000 ft up, foggy, misty, wet, raining a lot.
Plus hurricanes from July through Sept or Oct.
My Northern Lights survived not one, but two hurricanes, direct hits.
All I did was hide her under some larger trees in long grass / weeds.
She got battered, but survived.

If you're in the tropics, then the weather is a big issue at times.
So check out strains that do well against mother nature.

The Mandala seeds website has a nice strain selection guide, very detailed for climate.
They also breed some plants for high humidity, altitude and stuff like that.

It seems to me that most photos when started under 12/12 will veg for about 4 weeks or so,
then go into flowering, which may take another 8 to .... however many.
One of my Safaris took a total of 11 weeks, and another 12 weeks.
So figure that into your time frame.
Have seen other people's grows of photos straight from 12/12,
vegging for about 4 weeks, but then... one Jack Herer strain then needed 12 weeks more.

A lot of nice seed bank sites have things like resistance against mold, humidity, etc.
on their selection functions. Do check them out.
I also like the "easy for beginners" plants, because they are easy grow options.

Let us know what you choose!

All the best,
MJS
:Love:

Got to get it still a prob with the shipment lol but they are working on it.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Back