My Mycelium

Wow, @IamPepe you have eagle eyes my friend. There’s some really lovely photos there.

The first pic with the pretty yellow mushrooms is my favourite, and those pale blue ones in the last shot look like those mushies that glow in the dark!

A few of them look dangerous!

Are you going to grow any more of your own?

1 Like

I tried or am trying another strain called Kualoa. It had some pins pop up and then I left for the UP of Michigan for a few days. When I got back they were a liquid soupy mix. I took a butter knife and cut the top half inch off or so of the block. As of yesterday the mycelium was growing back, hoping I get something out of it. Not sure though, we’ll see.

I dont know what most of the shrooms are out in my woods, I imagine some arent good to eat. I’ve seen squirrels eating the whitish blue ones so they are probably safe. Those yellow ones are cool. I like the red one growing out of the hole a squirrel dug up his nut stash.

I took the old blocks that quit producing, broke them up and mixed them up with some composted cow manure and dumped them back in the woods. Curious if something will pop out that this or next year.

Peace!

Funny my wife’s a retired hair stylist and had her pick me up on of these years ago. They come in handy!