Tent for 100% smell / sound contol?

Organic_Auto_Canuck (OAC)

Canna growing fanatic
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mostly vaping and edibles using flower
Hi folks,

Thanks already to all the input so far about my co2 and carbon filter questions. Most helpful. Appreciate all the responses. My goal overall is to have the a setup where my 4x2x5 grow tent in my garage is unnoticeable by smell or sound if someone enters my garage. Plan is to do 3 plants of some smelly forbidden runtz in 3 gallon pots soon. It's not a heated garage though. Detached from my house and we have cold winters in Canada. Cant exhaust outside garage. Plan is to use mars hydro tsl 2000 light, 2 small fans a 6 inch inline fan and cheap scrubber to only scrub air inside my tent. I'll use a humidifier too as it dropped too low last winter. I'll probably use another tnb co2 refiller during flower as was decent last time. My biggest concerns is sound from fans, keeping it warm enough and smell outside of my tent in my lung room, aka the garage.

My plan is to use a germination warming mat under each pot. Keep lights on 20 hours overnight to help keep tent warm. Use a small oil radiant heater inside tent. Will see how that goes. I'll likely need to go with aquieter inline fan than the cheap no name one in have now. And eventually upgrade to a better carbon filter so i can scrub air outside of my tent in my lung room.

Aside from that, any ideas about how effective I'll be in controlling heat levels?

Also, does anyone have experience with tents that were a cut above when it comes to containing noise and smell? My goal is 100% smell control and ideally sound control if the fan is relatively quiet on low setting and kept in the tent to do the scrubbing. Is my setup going to create other enviro issues?

Happy growing

Hi folks,

Thanks already to all the input so far about my co2 and carbon filter questions. Most helpful. Appreciate all the responses. My goal overall is to have the a setup where my 4x2x5 grow tent in my garage is unnoticeable by smell or sound if someone enters my garage. Plan is to do 3 plants of some smelly forbidden runtz in 3 gallon pots soon. It's not a heated garage though. Detached from my house and we have cold winters in Canada. Cant exhaust outside garage. Plan is to use mars hydro tsl 2000 light, 2 small fans a 6 inch inline fan and cheap scrubber to only scrub air inside my tent. I'll use a humidifier too as it dropped too low last winter. I'll probably use another tnb co2 refiller during flower as was decent last time. My biggest concerns is sound from fans, keeping it warm enough and smell outside of my tent in my lung room, aka the garage.

My plan is to use a germination warming mat under each pot. Keep lights on 20 hours overnight to help keep tent warm. Use a small oil radiant heater inside tent. Will see how that goes. I'll likely need to go with aquieter inline fan than the cheap no name one in have now. And eventually upgrade to a better carbon filter so i can scrub air outside of my tent in my lung room.

Aside from that, any ideas about how effective I'll be in controlling heat levels?

Also, does anyone have experience with tents that were a cut above when it comes to containing noise and smell? My goal is 100% smell control and ideally sound control if the fan is relatively quiet on low setting and kept in the tent to do the scrubbing. Is my setup going to create other enviro issues?

Happy growing
I do not think any tent alone will control the noise of the fans. I have run many brands and styles and they all make at least 50dB outside the tent. I would get rigid Styrofoam insulation and cocoon the entire tent including the floor for sound and heat. I still don't think it will hide the sound from inside the garage.

I do not think any tent alone will control the noise of the fans. I have run many brands and styles and they all make at least 50dB outside the tent. I would get rigid Styrofoam insulation and cocoon the entire tent including the floor for sound and heat. I still don't think it will hide the sound from inside the garage.
Thanks I also have the tent propped off ground on milk crates still insulate the bottom I suppose. Great idea. Thanks. Insulate from the inside of the tent? I neglected to mention it is an insulated garage

Back