Extraction Personal rosin press for a beginner

Aye, I hear that! I looked into the same and was blown away by the prices. I'm a med student, so money's tight and DIY may be the way I have to go. Seeing some DIY presses has really got my gears going but we'll see

If I were more mechanical then I'd def give that a look. As it be, I'm not looking for much beyond minor assembly. And then learning how to press, of course.

MoG's got his head on straight - I bet you can make a sweet DIY press following his lead.

i have a rosinbomb rocket its ok as a small personal press but if you looking to press over say 3 grams at a time id go for a bigger one or a DIY one

I’m looking to get a rosin press for personal use, hoping to get into making cartridges. Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent budget press? I’ve been looking into Dulytek’s DM800 & DHP5, but have also come across a guy on Reddit (u/gettinhighsince95) who has great reviews on his productions. I've also looked into @Mañ'O'Green's DIY 6-ton press.

Or does anyone have recommendations on other budget-friendly extraction methods for carts?

Thanks!
If you haven't seen them already, Dulytek makes some pretty great presses for very reasonable price. I bought the 5 ton version and it allows you to press up to 7g at a time.

If you haven't seen them already, Dulytek makes some pretty great presses for very reasonable price. I bought the 5 ton version and it allows you to press up to 7g at a time.
That’s one of the ones I’m looking at. How are you liking it? I was looking at the DM800 (hand press) one but idk how well it would work. I’m just looking to pull a few grams for carts every so often

That’s one of the ones I’m looking at. How are you liking it? I was looking at the DM800 (hand press) one but idk how well it would work. I’m just looking to pull a few grams for carts every so often
I love it so far. The hydraulic jack is definitely the way to go. Keeping even pressure manually for 2 to 3 minutes can prove to be pretty difficult. If you haven't made carts before, look into in thoroughly before you buy a bunch of parts and pieces to make them. I tried that route... press bud to make rosin, heat it to make it viscous, use some terps to get the viscosity right etc etc. I found they never stay immulsified very long. I think this is due to not going through winterizing process (separating fats and lipids from the rosin). Just my personal experience :shrug:

I love it so far. The hydraulic jack is definitely the way to go. Keeping even pressure manually for 2 to 3 minutes can prove to be pretty difficult. If you haven't made carts before, look into in thoroughly before you buy a bunch of parts and pieces to make them. I tried that route... press bud to make rosin, heat it to make it viscous, use some terps to get the viscosity right etc etc. I found they never stay immulsified very long. I think this is due to not going through winterizing process (separating fats and lipids from the rosin). Just my personal experience :shrug:
Appreciate the info! Where did you get your terps from?

Last edited:
Back