Indoor New Grow Log Section

oldster

AFN Med section Advisor
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Key Lime
Hi AFN'ers and thanks Mossy for allowing us to give this a try

The idea is to create a grow log only area to make it easier for people who want to research a particular grow style, lighting, or variety. There is also a grow log section under Outdoor. This is a 6 month trial.

As Mossy already mentioned this will be for active or completed logs only. You must update your log at least every 2 weeks or post a notice that you will be gone for a time and then continue updating when you get back. Threads that don't get updated will be moved back to the main Outdoor section.

Please include the grow style (DWC, Soil, Hydro, Organic, etc.) in the title and if you are only growing a single variety include the variety in the name as well.

Autoflower only varieties please but if you have something that fails to auto no problem, it can remain

Please include full details in you first post when you start a new thread so people can quickly see what you are doing.

Any experience level is welcome but if you are looking for a good deal of help with your grow you will probably be better of putting the thread in New Growers or the like

No perpetual grows please, each journal should be a single grow

I would really like thoughts and feedback regarding the new sections, for example:
Do you want feedback/comments in your logs or do you prefer that they really just be journals?
If you do want feedback/comments do you want that stuff cleaned out once you finish the journal?
Do you want the journal locked once it is finished so that no one posts to it?
Should journals in this section have to start at germination or would it be ok for someone to start a journal latter in the process?
Any other ideas or thoughts for the section?

PS: it is ok to post your ideas here for the next week. I will clean them out after that

Last edited:
Perfect timing Oldster. I'm in. I've got 2 just above ground and ready to go. Just plugged my light in. Not exactly sure where I'm supposed to start a new thread to start my journal and no "Post New Thread" button here. Holding back until I hear back, I think this is a great idea.

1. Good, bad or ugly I'm hear to listen to the people ahead of me, and help those behind. I've come a long way since starting last Christmas (Look, this presents from me! lol) and I blame AFN for most of it. It's the only site I belong to, post in and actively read through. Obviously good leadership and management. Positive vibe. It's been really nice to have a safe place to openly discuss a subject that for the most part is a relatively hidden but important part of my life. If this is a community, then communication is essential. More feedback, please.

2. It can be tough to sort through 42 pages of an old grow when all you really want is to see and hear the grow. and yet I use my old posts, alerts and likes to get back to a particular place constantly. On the fence here. Maybe a "grower only postings" filter button for journals if it's not too complicated.

3. I still put up likes in old journals and I'm sure the posters appreciate it. I would. Will.

4. I'm not a huge fan of plant pics showing only cotyledons, and I'll quote Tang here from his ABB journal. "just been getting the boring bit out of the way." But it's the first step on the road and important to see, especially with the many different techniques that are applied to affect plant structure and growth. How about nothing after 20? days from germination, and there is a section for people who want to post but not commit to a journal for anything after?

Wanted a title that's easily searched and I agree that some type of format should be applied. I'd like to use SunSystems LEC 315 CMH - Soil - Advanced Nutrients - Dinafem White Widow - G13 Labs Pineapple Express. Long but reasonably complete and I think easily found. Lights, Medium, Nutes, Strains. Is this what you had in mind?

Last edited:
I'm getting started in Live Indoor Grow Logs before things get too far along. I'm sure my journal can be moved in when need be.

Mephisto genetics grow. 2 Skyler White 1 deep blue f 3 and 1 Three Bears OG. Dutchpro news for autoflowers. 600 watt metal halide blue hortilux bulb, then thousand what dual Arc hortilux then 1200 king led. All plants go from one side rotated over to the LED under all of these light the entire time. I'm so pumped. I started them under 2/8 foot hortilux power veg bulbs. These are them when they popped they are over a week and a half now I will post those pics later.

Attachments

• 20160502_154457.jpg
    20160502_154457.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 221
Hi AFN'ers and thanks Mossy for allowing us to give this a try

The idea is to create a grow log only area to make it easier for people who want to research a particular grow style, lighting, or variety. There is also a grow log section under Outdoor. This is a 6 month trial.

As Mossy already mentioned this will be for active or completed logs only. You must update your log at least every 2 weeks or post a notice that you will be gone for a time and then continue updating when you get back. Threads that don't get updated will be moved back to the main Outdoor section.

Please include the grow style (DWC, Soil, Hydro, Organic, etc.) in the title and if you are only growing a single variety include the variety in the name as well.

Autoflower only varieties please but if you have something that fails to auto no problem, it can remain

Please include full details in you first post when you start a new thread so people can quickly see what you are doing.

Any experience level is welcome but if you are looking for a good deal of help with your grow you will probably be better of putting the thread in New Growers or the like

No perpetual grows please, each journal should be a single grow

I would really like thoughts and feedback regarding the new sections, for example:
Do you want feedback/comments in your logs or do you prefer that they really just be journals?
If you do want feedback/comments do you want that stuff cleaned out once you finish the journal?
Do you want the journal locked once it is finished so that no one posts to it?
Should journals in this section have to start at germination or would it be ok for someone to start a journal latter in the process?
Any other ideas or thoughts for the section?

PS: it is ok to post your ideas here for the next week. I will clean them out after that

I have a tent with 5 autoflowers and 4 photoperiods, I am new to AFN and not real good at maneuvering it yet. Do i have to make a second grow journal in a different forum for the photoperiods? and only post pics and info about the autoflowers in this forum? if thats the case where should i make the second journal and is there a forum where it does not matter if they are photo or auto, cause it seems time consuming to have to keep two separate journals, especially considering I keep the same journal in two other places, ( im am currently on day 45 from germination). any info you can give would be great, thanks.

I have autos growing along side photo. Photo are scrog’d.
Autos I’ve lst and topped. Nothing too much. They all just hit flower. So would that be any use ?

Back