Led lights

Reaction score
Do i use the veg and bloom settings on my led lights at the same time with autos?
I hear different reasons from different growers.

I only ask because ive seen the red spec being used during veg as well as the blue.

A far red can trigger a Auto to flower early, so again I would just use the VEG spectrum during Veg.... If you want to flower sooner bring in the reds... I use a cheapo LED grow bulb from Vantage that has some far reds that causes my photoperiods to reveal sex at a young age and causes my autos to flower at a young age..

Last edited:
A far red can trigger a Auto to flower early, so again I would just use the VEG spectrum during Veg.... If you want to flower sooner bring in the reds... I use a cheapo LED grow bulb from Vantage that has some far reds that causeS my photoperiods to reveal sex at a young age and causes my autos to flower at a young age..
Okay thanks for the info. Much appreciated

You can use both. Most start multiple seedlings on veg switch but once they have 5 or 6 nodes it’s time to up the power for growth. If it’s just one plant and the veg ”real watts” are sufficient you could do it with veg only.

I prefer to veg under T5’s in 6500K or quantum boards in 4000k

Hey guys. I’ve been thinking about getting a 1600 watt mars11 led for my closet that’s 2 ft wide and 8 ft high and 6 ft long. I know it’s a small area for that area. But now I have 2 Mars 700’s and another 1000 cheap brand led which puts off a lot of heat. I have a 6 inch inline vented into my attic but my temps are still about 83 deg. So I’m hoping with one light it should be a lot less heat. I’m only able to grow 3 plants. Does anyone think this is a good idea or should I go with a smaller light for that size area ?

Back