Nutrients HydroBuddy & Min/Max Elemental PPMs

Not to say neither knows what is what but...

My understanding it that Bugbee is the lighting expert and Harley Smith is the nutrient expert for plants.

Awesome Breakdown.

I did find the PDF you mentioned. He has the following for Cannabis. It says elevated CO2, but the EC doesn't look at that strong on first glance.

View attachment 1578077
I'd argue that the "with CO2" is there because they're researchers. In practical terms, > CO2 allows for greater rates of photosynthesis but doesn't change plant nutrient needs.

I plugged them in side-by-side and seems like BB is much different than Smith:

View attachment 1578080

Appreciate you posting that.

Bugbee is a very strong proponent of keeping nutrient levels in the sufficiency range vs the "can I up the EC now, please, please?" mode of operating. He's also a big believer in adding Si though, IIRC, they do stop using it in flower.

What I've surmised after reading through a lot of "recipes" for nutes is that the fact that there are so many variations on the theme just supports the basic reason why we provide nutes - to provide a sufficient level of chemicals to the plant to allow it to reach its genetic potential. Once you're in the sufficiency zone, you're good. That's one of the reasons why I went to Jacks 3-2-1 and why I run the same nute mix from seed to chop.

Back