Indoor How low (maintenance) can you go? Blumat and Kindsoil test

Second plant chopped and in the drying box. Except for the bits in the freezer for frosin. Couple days younger than the other, so didn't get the same early seedling stretch that the other did. Came out a taller, leaner plant, but where she wasn't as filled out leaf wise she made up for it in bud girth. Plumpest, most dense feeling buds I've personally grown to date. Looking forward to after they've dried for a few days and things can get trimmed up and get a weight. There weren't oodles and oodles of colas, but the ones there were on the whole made some niiiice lookin' buds. Very strong berry scent in both, and plenty of smell to go around. Think I'll definitely have some neighbors sniffing around the next few days now that they're out from behind the carbon filter in the closet. :baked:

Auto Berry Bomb, day 71 (November BOM/POM Nominated):
DSCN8235.JPG

DSCN8238.JPG

DSCN8240.JPG

DSCN8242.JPG

DSCN8249.JPG

DSCN8251.JPG

Thought I'd take a few minutes this morning to reflect back on the thread grows and start wrapping up the journal. Mostly wanted to give a quick review on the various stuff that went into the grow.

First off is the Kindsoil. Mixed feeling on this. I guess I'd say overall that I like the concept of it more than the actual execution. On the straight KS grows, I saw the same thing that many others have and are where everything looks awesome until a week or two into flower and then things start going south with cal/mag looking symptoms quickly. However, with a little modification and supplementing it turned out two very awesome plants. So overall my takeaway from it is similar to what I was thinking would be the path originally....the KS was a good way to get my feet wet with trying out a water only style of growing. Worked well enough that I'm now going to look into making my own soil mixes and cooking them up. Overall, I'd say that I'd be more likely to recommend the product to a photo grower than one growing autos, as I think it may need some tweaking to work ideally with autoflowering plants.

Blumat's automatic watering system. I FRIGGIN' LOVE THESE! Easy peasy to use, and once they're setup almost "set it and forget it" level tech. I guess if I had to find a negative, it would be that once you're hooked up and running you can't easily or quickly move plants around or take them out of the space with the water piping and not being able to remove the water pressure for too long without having to reset things. But that's a stretch to really call that a negative. Overall great product that I would recommend in a heart beat to anyone looking to automate their watering.

I also wanted to toss out a quick Bomb Seeds blurb on the Berry Bomb strain. They were one of my first seed purchases, and the five pack has been great. I think I had one that the seedling died after a bad transplant, but overall the plants have taken just about everything I've thrown at them. My first hydro plant I was able to pull any harvest off of was a Berry Bomb, first good soil grow was one, and now one even managed to get me a BOM nom. Basically, in my limited growing experience, they've put out a good strain that can take a lot of crap from a new grower and still mange to give a decent product harvest in the end. And if given the right conditions can produce a really awesome plant. I'm kind of a variety guy looking to grow different strains to check 'em out, so for that reason only I don't know if I'll pick up more Berry Bomb. Will for sure be considering more of Bomb Seeds strains on my next order, though, and would not have a problem recommending them to someone considering trying 'em out.

Its MORNING bro, thost frosin buds should be frozen and ready to squish! Squish em til you hear it sizzle and let us know how it is! Report back to church with your seminary mission

Did the final trim after five days in the drying box. Didn't remember to note which hanger were which plant as I put them in, so was unable to tell which was which coming out. So I was only able to get the total weight between the two and not individual weights. Total dry was 176.46 grams. This is minus the two baggies worth that was pulled out separate for testing rosin pressed from fresh frozen bud. Haven't test smoked any yet, but smells great and was some nice and sticky buds. Got a little over dry, so maybe not as sticky during the trim as it could be. Ran the trim through the press and letting it cool for a few minutes to hopefully get a little test oil tonight. :smoking:

IMG_2313.JPG

First press on the Berry Bomb. Been curing since the 20th. Did about five presses at around 1.5g each. Didn't weigh the oil I got out of it, but seemed like a decent return. Vapes nice and so far kicking in nicely as well, though still going to be a few more minutes berofe ti realy stats to cick innnnnnnnnnnnn..........:baked:

IMG_2454.JPG IMG_2465.JPG IMG_2466.JPG

hey dude if you still alive can u explain your blumat settings more? my pots feel heavy always.

Back