Extraction Get to borrow a Magical Butter… (tincture time)

Emerald Archer

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Greetings growers and growettes ! A member of my Team-Terps had landed me access to the MB machine.

a unloading of random thoughts:

I have some stems from previous grow i wanna use for a tincture (Everclear).
I wanna infuse some whiskey with the last of my Blueberry flower stash. 3g nug.
I have another nug of my Musty Buffalo (also 3g nug) that I think I may try the freezer-method in Everclear..

my mad scientist cook brain.. saved a smidge of bacon grease…(about 1/2 cup) that i am almost certain will get stretched into some baconated-infused-olive oil concoction …that could turn itself into some cornbread, or biscuits… on the next day i make chili for dinner.

I get the sense that either way i need to decarb my herbs (ima do 240 Deg F. for 40 ish mins) chime in if your method differs. Was plannimg on a mason jar shaken frequ during the timer.

So my first question is: from a potency perspective, does it matter how long in adv the decarb’d herbs are? most vids they decarb as part of the infusion process for the vid. How long can I expect decarb to keep its ‘activation’ ?

In my head I am hoping I can decarb on Thursday or Friday and then run the extraction on Saturday and or (maybe) Sunday. Does anyone have experience or insight as to the decarb to extraction window? Do i need to simply carve out extra time on Sat to do everything in one go, or can i decarb it say Thursday and use it when i need to over the next few days On Saturday and Sunday? Later than that?

another question… how many grams of herb to oz of alcohol (Everclear) ratio do you like or recommend? Can i assume the same for the Whiskey (knowing it is only 80 proof and therefore should not extract ‘as well’ as the Everclear in theory) ?

enough for now, ill check in laters. And a pre Thank Ye!

Hey there - with the decarb, I have done it both ways, used it immediately and used it after a couple of days and I have not noticed any difference to be fair.
I found that decarbing most of it and also adding some undecarbed adds an extra layer to the stone as well- it could just be in my head though :rofl: .

Ironically just today i heard that doing the tincture with out decarb (in alcohol at least) can possibly get up to 12%- 16% (18% maybe?) but decarb basically is more of the full terp and cannabinoid(s) profile cause the THC-A into THC.

furthermore: combining both decarb, AND non carb’d to the same infusion vessel…one possibly can attain the complete entourage effect into the extraction/infusion…

:hookah:
I shall report back with some “cannalysis” ..

Back