Fox Farms Nutrients do you use them?

I use the entire fox farm line minus flower kiss, bembe, wholly mackerel, and all the dry ferts.

Great success so far but all of fox farms feeding schedules are way to hot even for photos. Depending on the line you may have to half the doses if you're in fox farm soil too.

View attachment 1562759
This is fox farms feed schedule. Its already balanced as far as nutrients interaction is concerned. The only thing is depending on medium and what water you are using it is hot as hell. Peat and full soil mediums definitely need to get cut back by half or more or your ec and ppm will be way out of whack.

In filtered spring water a full dose feed comes out to over 1500ppm. This bit me in the ass with my current run as the build up of nutrient salts was slow and hit me with a magnesium lockout from loading the plant up with way too much nitrogen.

As far as balance like I said if you cut back, cut back equally on everything. For veg i would reccomend half doses in soils on photos and 1/3 doses for autos and during flower keep the half doses for photos and autos.
Yea I have that as well and I agree cut everything equally. I have a 500 scale PPM so now I have to covert their 700 scale to 500 scale. Next I need to figure out how often to feed. Seems like a feeding schedule should be a little easier. I’ve got more things to figure out.

Would you mind if it’s not too time consuming to share your feeding schedule. Thanks
It varies but for reference right now I’m using cal mag, floranova grow and bloom on my autos. They’re flowering so I’m using 1 tsp of each in 2 gallons of water. My ppms are between 750-900. Ph and feed. I never just water my plants either unless necessary but it’s not on a schedule

You are growing in an amended peat based soil, it shouldn't need a thing other than water until at least week 4. Put the calmag up on the shelf, I have seen more harm done with it than help.

Yea I have that as well and I agree cut everything equally. I have a 500 scale PPM so now I have to covert their 700 scale to 500 scale. Next I need to figure out how often to feed. Seems like a feeding schedule should be a little easier. I’ve got more things to figure out.
In that organic soil you shouldnt have to feed for the first few weeks. I know Man o green will reccomend heafting the weight of your pot when its saturated with water and when it reaches about half that weight its time to water again. Since yours is 100% soil you want minimal runoff like 5-10%, and I believe you should only be feeding once ever 3rd or 4th plain watering. Perhaps even longer. Organic soils fertilizer lasts a little longer than synthetic as they have to get broken down by myco to become available to the plant. Well some do.

This was man o greens instructions for me. Our soils are a little different but essentially the same. So I would reccomend what mog told me. Also I dont have it bookmarked but @Waira had a good pictoral thread about nutrient toxicity and deficiency. A good read so you can use your plants as a guage and see what symptoms look like as they appear. Just remember theres usually multiple causes for a symptoms so diagnosis is usually hard

Last edited:
Back