Fiber optic cables direct light straight to fan leaves.

I got nearly everything in the mail to start testing. I'm a little busy this weekend but Sunday night I should be able to make preliminary reports. I have a pretty good idea of where this is heading and what to do next and I'll keep you guys posted. Good things are happening @ Grado Labs.

Reactions: JM
Here's my initial impression, now that I've sat down with most of the hardware together. It's really easy to mess up the physics of this. If the aperature of the cable is off by a millimeter, efficiency decreases exponentially. So tolerances are really really small. It needs to be just right, but it's blinding when it's spot on, so that's encouraging.

I'll be designing my own reflectors for each diode and liquid cooling is also on the menu. Then we'll see which configuration is the most successful and hopefully it's a viable solution and a potential commercial product. Everyone loves putting food on the table. The current time frame is another week or so of testing and cad design to make it all fit together then I'm off to the shop to bust out some new shit.

It's a thin line to walk between revealing trade secrets and raising awareness and asking for help with mechanical or electrical issues. Sometimes I don't have the answers and I want to turn to someone knowledgable for help but explaining that it's for cannabis makes things difficult. Glad we have the internet.

Reactions: JM
I was looking at the cree led website (they have a huge market share in the led industry) and they give out complete specs, white papers and all sorts of downloads for each led they make... and they offered a few file types I hadn't heard of so I looked up the software and its pretty much bang on what grow light manufacturers themselves should offer, but I'm sure its way too expensive.

LucidShape by a german company and Light Tools by unknown. I have way too much reading to do now. Thought I'd shout out first though.

Back