Essential Supplemental nutrients

Reaction score
I’m new to growing and I have the basic MGB but I’m looking for things to supplement them without getting too overboard. Do you need root enhancers or extra bloom boosters with auto flowers or is it overkill? And what exactly does sensizym/cannazym do?

Last edited:
First please tell us the full specifics of your grow.

Need is rarely used when referring to auto nutrients unless your in a soil less medium that is nutrient neutral. Most autos need such little nutes anything will do. Now there are many variations to improve yield and quality. But needed almost anything will work in the right doses.

That being said I use almost everything you mentioned and then some. I like a very diverse set of nutrients and enzymes.

Something like sensezyme and other such products contains enzymes, benificial microbes and bacterias. These are not nutrients but living organisms that through different processes do everything from make nutrients more easily plant accessible, promote healthy plant growth, help fight off disease and pests, to actual creating nutrients on their own through digestion. Many with the proper microbe ecosystem dont even need to ph balance the water because the microbes handle that as well.

Again while most if it is not NEEDED for autos. In the right doses and combinations they can help increase everything from yield, to quality, to overall health

I’m new to growing and I have the basic MGB but I’m looking for things to supplement them without getting too overboard. Do you need root enhancers or extra bloom boosters with auto flowers or is it overkill? And what exactly does sensizym/cannazym do?

You need nothing but the base nutes, and be sure to feed them light, about 1/2 strength.
I'm using the 1-part nute Greenleaf Megacrop at about 350 ppm right now, and use nothing but MC and a bit of CalMag.
Boosters, teas, elixirs increase nute makers' bottom line, at the expense of our plants.
If they were really needed, they'd be included in base nutes.
The overfeeding that these unneeded things promote will harm quality and yield.
Feed them the least you can to keep them looking healthy.
There's no need to always be "doing something" to these plants.

First please tell us the full specifics of your grow.
In 3 gal fabric pots I’m using 1.25 gal happy frog, 1.25 gal pure coco coir and .25 gal perlite. The nutes I have are advanced nutrients ph perfect MGB, cali magic, silica blast, sensizym, bushdoctor microbe brew, and blackstrap molasses. The light is a 1200w led 375w actual in a 4x4x6

Need is rarely used when referring to auto nutrients unless your in a soil less medium that is nutrient neutral. Most autos need such little nutes anything will do. Now there are many variations to improve yield and quality. But needed almost anything will work in the right doses.

That being said I use almost everything you mentioned and then some. I like a very diverse set of nutrients and enzymes.

Something like sensezyme and other such products contains enzymes, benificial microbes and bacterias. These are not nutrients but living organisms that through different processes do everything from make nutrients more easily plant accessible, promote healthy plant growth, help fight off disease and pests, to actual creating nutrients on their own through digestion. Many with the proper microbe ecosystem dont even need to ph balance the water because the microbes handle that as well.

Again while most if it is not NEEDED for autos. In the right doses and combinations they can help increase everything from yield, to quality, to overall health

The need, in my opinion, for microbes is highly understated and a simple combo of Jack's or any base nutrient with microbes/root stimulator is going to net better yields and higher quality.

Back