Nutrient & Additive Dr Earth

Badfinger

High as a Kite
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I have done 2 grows, 5 different strains in 3 different soils. Using the Dr Earth dry ferts line and schedule.
Starting my feeding schedule at week 3, since I used super soils, in 5 gal pots.
My personal opinion, every plant looked like it was starving to death or locked out. They looked like they had every issue in the book.
If you want a real challenge on learning to read your leaves, this junks for you.

Untitled.png

Hmm. FFOF here, topped dressed with 1tblspoon of flower girl starting about 4 four, one gallon tall pots have worked wonders for me. With FFOF, about week 3.5-4.5 the plant will start look hungry, and thats when i start.
I've even pulled over an ounce growing in 2L soda bottles. These are autoflowers, though.
I do know the directions on the site differ from whats on the bag, and bags keeps changing LOL. They used to say 2T per gal of soil every 4 weeks, then it went to 1T per gal of soil every 2 week.
Sorry it hasn't worked for you.

Hmm. FFOF here, topped dressed with 1tblspoon of flower girl starting about 4 four, one gallon tall pots have worked wonders for me. With FFOF, about week 3.5-4.5 the plant will start look hungry, and thats when i start.
I've even pulled over an ounce growing in 2L soda bottles. These are autoflowers, though.
I do know the directions on the site differ from whats on the bag, and bags keeps changing LOL. They used to say 2T per gal of soil every 4 weeks, then it went to 1T per gal of soil every 2 week.
Sorry it hasn't worked for you.
I used CoM soil and Happy Frog my two grows. Started the feeding week 3 using the cannabis schedule above. I been using Flower girl the last 1/3 of my grows for awhile, and also had good results. Thats why I decided to try the whole line as per their schedule.
I did email them and found out they do not measure/test or amend their feed for CalMag in the Premium Gold 4-4-4. I tried subsidizing with calmag, but never did find that sweet spot. Every feeding was 1/4 cup in a 5 gal. pot. as per schedule.
In hind sight, my review is more about their cannabis schedule and their recommended amendment line. I would still use Flower Girl alone.

Last edited:
The dry nutes used as a topdress is good but not immediate. Takes some watering to take effect. I might be wrong but maybe top feed and water in using a tea brewed with the dry amendments. This makes it more accessible to the plant. Then as the dry fert is taking it’s time the liquid version is doing what the dry will do eventually. I had no cal/mag issues with those grown in soil with Dr earth 4/4/4 mixed in and topdressed.

I used CoM soil and Happy Frog my two grows. Started the feeding week 3 using the cannabis schedule above. I been using Flower girl the last 1/3 of my grows for awhile, and also had good results. Thats why I decided to try the whole line as per their schedule.
I did email them and found out they do not measure/test or amend their feed for CalMag in the Premium Gold 4-4-4. I tried subsidizing with calmag, but never did find that sweet spot. Every feeding was 1/4 cup in a 5 gal. pot. as per schedule.
In hind sight, my review is more about their cannabis schedule and their recommended amendment line. I would still use Flower Girl alone.
i emailed them about calcium content a few years ago when i first started using flower girl. I don't remember the exact %, but it was in the teens,which should be good enough to not need additional calmag.
are u growing photo's or autos? personally i think their recommendations are way too high for autos. it even looks higher than what they used to recommend for photos. I think they are trying to sell more product.
at one point their recommendation for photos was 2T per gal of soil every 4 weeks.

Back