Bad genetics or something else?

Reaction score
Symptom: dark green, twisty leaves and stunted growth
Stage: 23 days from sprout
Strain: Iced Latte from Mutant Genetics
Media: Eazy plug mini pyramid (made of coco)
Nutes: AN PH Perfect Coco A+B
PPM: 350
Fertigate PH: 6.0-6.2
Temp: 74f
RH: 65%
Light: 20/4 - 315 ppfd - 25 dli

So I have 4 plants going with identical environment and 3 are looking good but this one is having some issues. It has been doing this since seedling stage and I have been hoping it will grow out of it but it is getting worse. The dark green waxy leaves with slight clawing and stunted growth makes me think it is a nitrogen toxicity but the other plants have been getting the same nutes without any issues and the PPM is only 350 so that doesn't really make sense to me. The other plants are different strains so I am thinking it might just be that this strain doesn't like the pyramids or is super sensitive to nitrogen?

What do you guys think?

edit: to add light info.

Attachments

• IMG_4110.JPG
    IMG_4110.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4109.JPG
    IMG_4109.JPG
  • IMG_4108.JPG
    IMG_4108.JPG
  • IMG_4107.JPG
    IMG_4107.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I have had some very funky looking auto seedlings before I usually just keep going the way I'm treating the others and they most of the time sort it out and catch up. I wouldn't give up on it. Could just be slightly more light sensitive than your other plants or anything.

Try bringing the pH down a little? Shoot for that 5.8-6.0 for a little and see if it doesn't improve. I know "pH perfect" is the claim on those jugs. Works decent most of the time but you may need some tweaks for that plant. What is your starting water? If it's RO, the pH perfect should work. I ran it once and found that it needed time to settle once mixed and that it was designed around RO/distilled. Also I did not get the pH adjustment in the range I was looking for until it was at higher doses. Just an idea.

EDIT: @The Iconoclast has been using them. He may have a better suggestion with his hands on knowledge.

Back