autopot coco/perlite, nute deficiency or lockout?

Nute burn at an EC that low is not likely. I see a lot of people have issues though running low PH. That was one thing I discovered when running coco. When I started maintaining a PH of 6.1-6.3 these issues went away. Your problem is either PH related or its your tap water. My tap water PPM run 125-170 and it KILLS cannabis!

sounds good, thanks for taking the time

Getting a little frustrated and worried since I've been trying my hand at mainlining as well, and I'm running low on fan leaves at this rate so I've been doing some more reading on flushing with autopots. Maybe just flush it since I see signs of nute burn, and restart at EC 1.0 or 1.1 (including starting EC of 0.3, meaning 0.8 EC of actual nutes) with pH 5.8. There was a site I stumbled across another board someone mentioning that autopot coco pH should be around 6.0, wondering if 5.8 could be causing some deficiencies? I was busy chasing what appeared to be cal-mag deficiency problems by adding more and more nutes but looks like a nute burn now.

There seems to be 2 commonly discussed flushing methods for autopots:
1) add pH 5.8 tap water with no nutes/feed for 5 days or so (leaves will turn yellow and some will be sacrificed, risky for me imo)
2) take pots out and flush them with enough pH 5.8 water (probably cant let this water sit for 2 days) about 2-3x the pot size (so about 3x a 5 gallon bucket).

Really wish I can get this dialed in soon

@VirginGrowbile Were you able to fix your problem? I am going through the same issue. I have been running Jacks at 50% (around 1.1EC) and definitely seeing yellow leaves and tips curling. Did the flush help?

Just in case you need to move before the OP gets back to you...

As @St. Tom noted earlier, flushing with coco can work well. I have done it apparently successfully several times (which of course means that I have screwed up at least that often :biggrin:). My suggestions are similar to St. Tom's - flush with nute mix at your desired pH and EC, and keep flushing until the runoff is the same as the input. This can take a lot of nute mix. St. Tom puts his plant in the bathtub, I support mine tray and all over a tote. Whatever works to move the nute mix through in quantity and keep the mess under control. Once your runoff (I just check it in the valve area of the tray) is on target, you know that the conditions in your coco are re-set to what you want. Once you have finished the flush and the runoff is in spec., empty the tray, and re-empty it as the pot drains for the next couple hours, and then leave it off the reservoir for a day or so to let the pot dry out a bit.

I recommend against flushing with plain water because the dramatic change in EC can stress your plant, and you leave the medium depleted of nutes. If your medium is a long way out of the zone, and you flush the way I suggest, you will still be stressing her a bit, but by leaving the coco at the EC and pH you want you should be minimizing the problem.

Good luck with it, and let us know how you make out. :pighug:

looks like nutrient lock out. Are you using that tap water for your solution? It could well be that, I'd stick with RO or at least blend it, that's some HARD water at 320 ppms! Also, get rid of that pump in the res, it's not needed and stirring the res like that ups the PH. Is your EC including the 320 ppm of the tap water? As to cal mag, I use 10ml per gallon and have never had an issue. 9 times out of 10, its a mag issue, and just as often that is caused by a PH issue.
Also are you running those Sativas on the same res with the Indicas? That can have very different needs and reactions to nutrient solutions.

This plant is growing on an EC of 1.1 ( 550 ppms ) PH 6.4. Feed started on day 10 and stays the same start to finish. My solution is made with RO only!

View attachment 1213429
What nutrients do you use my friend ? I'm on canna coco anb I'm being forced to mix tap water back into my RO due a dificency ... I really don't want to but my yield has dropped 40% since changing to RO

I use Megacrop. Your PH is way off or your over feeding. Take the pots out of the tray and do a run off test. Likely you'll find low PH or salts buildup in the coco.

Non-pest diagnosis is actually fairly easy.

Look at the whole plant. If it has spotted leaves it is over fed or PH is too low
If the plant is chlorotic at the bottom and traveling up, it's N lockout or too little N ( Its very unlikely to be too little N )
If it's chlorotic the top, It is a micro nutrient problem and often related to PH too high.

And now you know why I grow in soil. You couldn't pay me to grow in coco!

What nutrients do you use my friend ? I'm on canna coco anb I'm being forced to mix tap water back into my RO due a dificency ... I really don't want to but my yield has dropped 40% since changing to RO

Back